lico's honeycomb hideout

lico

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
My 2 channel rig is in constant flux - equipment in and out, I call it the audio "testbed". It's in the basement cave, here's a shot of the current configuration:

Integrated - Yamaha A-S500
Turntable - Sony PS-X55 w/AT-440MLa
CD - Samsung HD-841 universal player
Cassette - Yamaha KX-W282
Tuner - Modded Sony XDR-F1HD
Network player - Squeezebox Touch
Speakers A - Soliloquy 5.3
Speakers B - LE14A/DE250 Econowaves
Console - refurb'ed Bozak console w/302A speaker cabinets

attachment.php

Attachments

• hh5.jpg
    hh5.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 558
Very nice system. What do you think about the Soliloquy 5.3? I am thinking of a new pair of speakers, and these are on my short list.

I really like your set up!
My home is waaaay too small for large speakers.

BTW: Looks like you have a nice view out that window!?

Steve

Very nice system. What do you think about the Soliloquy 5.3? I am thinking of a new pair of speakers, and these are on my short list.

The Soliloquy's are great speakers for the price, good bang for the buck. Easy to drive. Open, transparent, put a little "air" into the sound, kind of like Infinities (w/Emits), the type of sound I like. To me, the most impressive thing about them is the amount of usable bass they can deliver for their smaller size. Since they are rear ported, they need a little room to breathe, otherwise they can be a bit boomy. Weigh 80 lbs. each, quality of construction on the cabs is excellent.

I really like your set up!
My home is waaaay too small for large speakers.

BTW: Looks like you have a nice view out that window!?

Steve

Yep, it's a nice view of a window well covering in the basement :D - one day 'll have that mountain home with the real thing.

Yep, it's a nice view of a window well covering in the basement :D - one day 'll have that mountain home with the real thing.
LOL...you got me too. I was just going to say "Is that a creek right outside the window?"

Nice system. How's that Yamaha integrated?

I like the new Yamaha integrated a lot. Need to compare it vs. some of my older amps and thin the herd out. Only nit so far is the feel on some of the controls on the unit - but then again I'm not fiddling with them much.

Nice setup. I like it's clean lines. We had a similar cabinet setup. I am looking at the center section right now. It has roll top desk doors. The speaker cabinets are long gone. The speakers were installed into smaller digs and are still at my folks house. I still have not seen the innards. I am told the 15" bass basket is chrome and the cone is purple.

mikeski...

I like the new Yamaha integrated a lot. Need to compare it vs. some of my older amps and thin the herd out. Only nit so far is the feel on some of the controls on the unit - but then again I'm not fiddling with them much.

Not fiddling with them much is a good sign. Means it sounds good without the need to. Excellent!

That Bozak cabinet is just insane, I like!

Thanks, I like it too.

Thought I'd post a couple of pics from around the corner in the hideout, the HT. The Soliloquys really belong in the HT, but I find I don't listen to music much there.

Right now I have Ohm Walsh 1's hooked up, Wharfedale center, a mismash of components, but not that bad. Rest of the system consists of a Technics SL-B200, Pioneer VSX-1015 receiver, Samsung Blue Ray player, Kenwood C1 pre-amp for the phono, Pioneer CLD-D502 Laserdisc player (and a Wii which is pretty fun on the big screen). Putting this room together is what started the audio bug for me again after a logn hiatus... and then the rest of the basement filled up. Funny how that happens.

Attachments

• ht1.jpg
    ht1.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 35
  • ht2.jpg
    ht2.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 36
Back
Top Bottom