Life after Divorce and Sacramento, or maybe San Marcos

Copa1934

My ears are bleeding
Subscriber
Been a long long time since I've posted or commented. Back in August Kris (my ex) was diagnosed with Cancer. In October she had a full hysterectomy and was given a clean bill of health. But afterwards she went through some changes, some have told me a combination of "mid life crisis" and "PTSD", which is something many cancer patients go through. She found comfort in another person and left me for that person.

I mention this as the lead in to my relocation. I have a couple job possibilities, back in California where I grew up. Once I've nailed the job and location I'm going to want to hook up with fellow AKers since I know there will be far more in parts of California than where I am today, which amounts to nill.

So, if you live in or around those locations and know of fellow audioholics that would like to hang out, audio swap meets to attend, etc. let me know.

Please no pity, not looking for any. Just looking to start my life over and I figure one good place is with fellow audio/music lovers.

Thank you!

San Marcos, as in No. County San Diego?

S/B a number of SD members on AK but I'd say there's more social & gear action up the road in OC/LA.

John

I'm in North County San Diego, about 30 minutes from San Marcos.

SD has the San Diego Music & Audio Guild (SDMAG); it's pretty active with some really cool get togethers and demos put together at stores and in home.

Thank you all for you kind thoughts. I've since been referred to yet another job possibility. I'm supposed to fly to Miami (yes Florida) for the interview. The job location, however, is up to me. Kind of complicated but basically a field job, which means travel across many western states. The other job interviews will take place end of this month. Man time flies. Also, the end of this month, is my 40th reunion. Things are definitely looking up. It's not been easy or fun, but things are really coming around for me.

Thinking of it now I hope that what I write/share here may help others who are going through a similar "traumatic" event. My best advice DO NOT SHUT DOWN! I would not have made it had I not remained in contact with family (mostly my daughter) and friends. My bounce back would have taken significantly longer had I not confided in others. The old saying "It's not what you know, it's who you know" is surprisingly accurate. It's thanks to one of my friends that I connected with a business that was already looking for someone with my skills. That person also referred me to the third job possibility. My first job option came as the result of a customer from my current business. Sometimes sharing what you are going through can lead to a brighter future. Don't shut down.

Back
Top Bottom