Like airplanes?

Looked up General Dymanitics F-111 the fighter jet I worked on while in the Air Force from 1971-1975. It was a beautiful bird. I used to have all the switches and thier positions and settings memorized as I would have to check every switch BEFORE we could apply external power to the aircraft.

Last edited:
p4g3niug_3tor_0.jpg

Nicely organized.

A-6's were amazing. I was on the last cruise they were on...The Sunday Punchers....I worked on F-14s at the time but really like the 6's!

Cool site, here are the ones I spent the most time with. Fuzed bombs on target, first pass, day or night, any weather. Truly an incredible machine. We never sold these to a foreign country....http://www.aviastar.org/air/usa/grumman_intruder.php

The best aircraft for its assigned mission in the world. Nothing has really replaced it yet.

I found several obscure picture books once from the late '40s and '50s about the aircraft of WW II. There were literally hundreds of different aircraft, including some unusual, highly specialized and not-so-successful ones, that were made, used (and on some cases, never used) and forgotten shortly after the war. Plenty that I've never heard of nor seen anywhere else.

Your site passed the test. It shows one of the first never-made-it ones I checked for, the German Henschel Hs 132. Any site that includes aircraft as obscure and little-known as that one can't be all bad!

Thanks for posting that link. :thmbsp:

Back
Top Bottom