'Like' points subtracted since yesterday.

In the downtime, I received enough likes to get a trophy!

The trophy was delivered to my door by a contingent of AK luminaries and the entire cast of the original 1977 Star Wars. The trophy -- made entirely of diamonds and big enough that I had to build an extra garage to hold it -- came along with a vintage gold-plated HK Citation II signed by Stewart Hegeman and Sidney Harmon, along with a Goldmund Reference II turntable signed by all the still-living former presidents of the United States.

This morning, when I woke up, it was all gone.

However, I don't care because AK is working again. :banana:

Losing a few "likes" is a small price to pay to have this site back to normal, IMHO.

Also, prior to the "restore", there was mention of members losing info (posts, likes, etc..) and a reminder to back-up anything which may be important to the posters.

Thanks to the "Powers That Be" for their efforts, looks like we are back. Having said that, I hope this incident is looked into and a way to prevent or minimize this happening again is found.

Cheers. :)

Losing the likes is of supreme unimportance. Please understand that. Neither here nor there. The least important thing in this entire world. My pointing out that it was happening, posted in the 'AK New Format' thread, was merely because this forum exists to shed light on anomalies that have arisen with the switch to the new format. Losing likes is an anomaly. It is not something that is intended to occur with the adoption of the new format. Therefore it is not criticism of the admins or the mods or those who have worked tirelessly to implement the change to the new format. It is a thing called communication.

i get annoyed that exposition of any flaws in the roll out of the new format is interpreted by some as an assault on the work of the admins or the mods or those who have worked tirelessly to implement to roll out of the new format. It's not necessarily criticism. In any worthwhile endeavour in Life, it is imperative to have honest feedback. A non-partisan view of what is actually manifesting. If we are all required to be grovelling sycophants and never shed light on the actuality of what is taking place, all that we end up with is mediocrity. A flawed system that nobody dare expose lest they draw the wrath of the fawning toadies. If this is what we have to sink to in order to retain acceptance with each other, then acceptance is not worth seeking.

So, far from likes being a small price to pay to have this site back to normal, why can't people see that losing likes is another indication that the site is far from being back to normal? It is easy to say it looks like we are back. Just as long as one doesn't look to closely. It is far better that these anomalies are communicated and exposed than it is to settle for an anomalous AK. Back? Not.

I can see that this post will raise the hackles of those who cannot stomach any suggestion that there is something amiss with AK. I however see that without expostion of what is going wrong that we'll never get beyond the anomalies. If this is taken as a slight upon the admins, the mods or those who tirelessly are working to rectify the anomalies, then I'd like to have someone show me what great works have been achieved by sycophantic review. Quality control by its very nature requires critical assessment. That is what constructive criticism is. Saying that we are back to normal and we're back gets us nowhere, simply because it is not true.

Last edited:
I liked your op in that I can relate-lost a few myself in the repair but hey life goes on. I'm sure many people lost likes and even whole thread ideas or posts during the time since Thursday at 4:11 am (the last entry of spam) that I refer to now as the sucking. :no: Threw one at ya for good measure.:)
~Dave~

Losing the likes is of supreme unimportance. Please understand that. Neither here nor there. The least important thing in this entire world. My pointing out that it was happening, posted in the 'AK New Format' thread, was merely because this forum exists to shed light on anomalies that have arisen with the switch to the new format. Losing likes is an anomaly. It is not something that is intended to occur with the adoption of the new format. Therefore it is not criticism of the admins or the mods or those who have worked tirelessly to implement the change to the new format. It is a thing called communication.

i get annoyed that exposition of any flaws in the roll out of the new format is interpreted by some as an assault on the work of the admins or the mods or those who have worked tirelessly to implement to roll out of the new format. It's not necessarily criticism. In any worthwhile endeavour in Life, it is imperative to have honest feedback. A non-partisan view of what is actually manifesting. If we are all required to be grovelling sycophants and never shed light on the actuality of what is taking place, all that we end up with is mediocrity. A flawed system that nobody dare expose lest they draw the wrath of the fawning toadies. If this is what we have to sink to in order to retain acceptance with each other, then acceptance is not worth seeking.

So, far from likes being a small price to pay to have this site back to normal, why can't people see that losing likes is another indication that the site is far from being back to normal? It is easy to say it looks like we are back. Just as long as one doesn't look to closely. It is far better that these anomalies are communicated and exposed than it is to settle for an anomalous AK. Back? Not.

I can see that this post will raise the hackles of those who cannot stomach any suggestion that there is something amiss with AK. I however see that without expostion of what is going wrong that we'll never get beyond the anomalies. If this is taken as a slight upon the admins, the mods or those who tirelessly are working to rectify the anomalies, then I'd like to have someone show me what great works have been achieved by sycophantic review. Quality control by its very nature requires critical assessment. That is what constructive criticism is. Saying that we are back to normal and we're back gets us nowhere, simply because it is not true.
There were anomaly's before the switch to the new format and outages.

Seems like people forget so quick.

Your points are decent but IMHO are not balanced enough to be taken seriously.

FYI: I suppose an answer to what happened to the "Likes" is as simple as its more work than necessary to put them back. Now some folks might think that is being snotty or dismissive but until you some point on a Sunday eve are faced with something like this you would not understand the choices people make.

Frannie

Last edited:
I just noticed that my posting history is gone and that was what I used to get back to threads I was watching. The likes loss I can live with but now it's harder for me to get around. I'll just have to rebuild like everyone else.
~Dave~

There were anomaly's before the switch to the new format and outages.

Seems like people forget so quick.

Your points are decent but IMHO are not balanced enough to be taken seriously.

FYI: I suppose an answer to what happened to the "Likes" is as simple as its more work than necessary to put them back. Now some folks might think that is being snotty or dismissive but until you some point on a Sunday eve are faced with something like this you would not understand the choices people make.

Frannie
I anticipated this. Hence the last paragraph.

I anticipated this. Hence the last paragraph.
Ok,

Its a audio message board. In the grand scheme of things nothing here is really that important anyhow.

Its not like we are banding together here to save the world.

So my point is who cares if the site works flawless anyhow as nothing here including most posts are far from flawless.

Garbage In Garbage Out.

Frannie

I think losing likes is a logical consequence of restoring from a backup and losing posts from Wednesday on. So all the posts from Wednesday to yesterday, that had liked associated with it, are gone and so are the associated likes. So it all makes sense.

The site could be 100% functional now, except those posts would be gone and the lost likes would still be lost.

Curious if we are more concerned about likes or that the system is working again? I lost a number of likes in the discussions about the forum issues, having thrown up some pics of a 2 Horsepower SAE amp and some Klingon type amp. Some others when we discussed what we were doing instead of posting on AK.

Good Bye to all of those, I'm going to the main forum and talk audio.

I think losing likes is a logical consequence of restoring from a backup and losing posts from Wednesday on. So all the posts from Wednesday to yesterday, that had liked associated with it, are gone and so are the associated likes. So it all makes sense.

The site could be 100% functional now, except those posts would be gone and the lost likes would still be lost.

Sums it up pretty good, everyone lost all likes they gained after the date they choose to restore from.

We lost a lot with the Ak forum reset and the Likes lost does not bother me! What i care about is AK and the people on it! Now can we get back to Audio ????

Back
Top Bottom