Liking what I'm hearing

Rich Butters

Hey to all!
Received my Mitsubishi DA a10dc amp and DA p10 preamp this week and set them up today. So far I'm liking the sound. The mids and highs are nice and smooth and the bass is pretty tight. I'm playing them through ADS l 1290's and comparing them to a Yamaha c-80/m40 and Yamaha c-80/m-80 setup. I'd say they equal or slightly surpass the m-40 but are not as expansive or as open as the m-80. Once I receive my Beresford TC 722 2 amp 1 speaker switch, I'll be able to do a A/B comparison.
I need to start the hunt for an affordable pair of Diatone speakers to pair with them.
Love to hear from other Dia/ Mitsu fans on hear.

Why not buy speakers that sound good to you. That's what most of us do. How do you know you'll like the way Diatone speakers sound anyway?

Why not buy speakers that sound good to you. That's what most of us do. How do you know you'll like the way Diatone speakers sound anyway?
Joe, you know there is a strong contingent here that insists on brand name matching gear no matter what the speakers sound like. There are many with systems that might be compromised by this decision as quite a few of the name brand speakers from electronics manufacturers just aren't that good.

But there are some nice Diatone speakers and if the OP does find a great sounding pair and has a matched system, all the best for that. But you are right, I have not sought out brand matched speakers and electronics but have ended up with it for a while. Luxman car speakers and home speakers from sales awards, Marantz from a neighbor, gifted to another neighbor and another pair of Marantz from buying a TT I wanted, you know buy the whole rig so you get the parts you want. These are now being enjoyed by an AKer after loaning them to a friend for his teens to use until they left home.

As for some Diatones, search AK as that brand has been discussed and some of their speakers are well liked. Might be hard or expensive to get the good ones. Good luck in your search.

Say joe!
I apperciate your advise, that does make sense. I'm thinking that since Mitsubishi owned Diatone and since the DA series was a Diatone product, that the speakers would be a good match up. Also I kind of like the idea of building a homogeneous system.
I'm also looking for a 70's integrated, Pioneer or Sansui ,I'm thinking, and I would like to do the same and pair it up with their matching speaker.
Just learning and having some fun along the way.

Back
Top Bottom