Lincoln bringing a new high-performance sedan to market....

It's too little, Too late. Even Ford is going to stop producing most of it's cars in North America in the next couple years. Chrysler and GM have stopped production on their least profitable ones as well. CUV's and Trucks are where it's at today, While efficient CUV's with the 2.0L turbo 4 that shuts off when we stop, Like the 2018 GMC Terrain seems like a good CUV for me. The perfect balance of a pleasurable, Even fun to drive and utility, While reducing our environmental footprint.

Last edited:
Not a fan of SUVs, CUVs, MOUSVs ...then again, look at my latest toy, so go figure. Not even sure how you'd classify this ...

topper-done-05.jpg

It's too little, Too late. Even Ford is going to stop producing most of it's cars in North America in the next couple years. Chrysler and GM have stopped production on their least profitable ones as well. CUV's and Trucks are where it's at today, While efficient CUV's with the 2.0L turbo 4 that shuts off when we stop, Like the 2018 GMC Terrain seems like a good CUV for me. The perfect balance of a pleasurable, Even fun to drive and utility, While reducing our environmental footprint.

We just bought a SUV, and that shut off feature on the Chevy and GMC was a deal breaker for me, and I am a GM guy. The shutter on start up was enough to make me walk away, especially when the service writer who previously worked for me told me that was normal. Good technology, bad execution.
Regards,
Jim

Yah ... you might save 5% on fuel, but the vehicles with this feature come with larger batteries to negate any environmental gains. What I find extremely bizarre is having the same vehicle equipped with remote start, so you can have it running while you're not even in it ...

PS ... little known is that most vehicles have fairly simple tweaks you can make to disable the feature if you find it annoying. Lots of videos on YouTube for specific vehicles.

Last edited:
We just bought a SUV, and that shut off feature on the Chevy and GMC was a deal breaker for me, and I am a GM guy. The shutter on start up was enough to make me walk away, especially when the service writer who previously worked for me told me that was normal. Good technology, bad execution.
Regards,
Jim
When coming to a complete stop let off on the brake pedal momentarily for just a microsecond one time and it overrides the start-stop technology keeping the engine running without ever shutting off...
Also you can momentarily put the transmission in manual mode at stop lights and override the system also...
It's become an easy to learn habit of mine

well, thats also pretty blah. And a four door to boot. Two door luxury sports car is where its at.

Pretty sad when a guy who owns two bland 80s Lincolns will say a car is boring looking.

Right now I have a 1979 Town Car in my sights as me new daily driver. Just waiting for the right time to strike.

You want a '78 with a 460. The 400 is a bit too strangled. Not that a 1978 460 is a powerhouse, but at least its got a little more gumption.

The picture I see there, if that's what they intend to sell as a high performance coup, looks like a Nissan Maxima. Who is running the railroad over there at Lincoln? Those stupid commercials and the "beige" styling is just sad. Lincoln used to be a car company with balls and style. They made cars that had presence. Now it's just trading on the past glory of the name and producing bland, overpriced garbage.

Car-Lease-Offers-CLO-Lincoln-Continental-798x466.png

This is so ****ing boring and at over 40K it's ridiculous.

How about this for about 10k and put another 20k into it for mechanical and electronic upgrades?

one-owner-1979-lincoln-town-car-garaged-since-new-original-continental-1977-1978-2.jpg

The bottom can't be made anymore. EPA Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFE) rules and eco-freaks killed them and killed the Town Car. I don't like it either, the demise of the USA Land Yacht. Something LS sized, with that kind of visibility, for me is the right size daily driver.

The bottom can't be made anymore. EPA Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFE) rules and eco-freaks killed them and killed the Town Car. I don't like it either, the demise of the USA Land Yacht. Something LS sized, with that kind of visibility, for me is the right size daily driver.

As long as you're never in a hurry, there are plenty of old land yachts around from the 70's for those who want them. I can't wait to float down the road in mine!

Thats one fun thing about driving my diesel around. You cannot be in a hurry with that car because it sure isn't.

Back
Top Bottom