Linn Keilidh Floor Speakers

bluenote79

There is a pair of these locally for $250. I don't know anything about them, but it seems like nice value. The owner says he bought them in the early 2000s, which is my only concern. I had a pair of Cerwin Vegas from the mid 90s that I did not love. However, I like their vintage stuff. Any input would be greatly appreciated. They would be for a second system in a small office room.

Go listen to them if you can.
Just because you didn't like radishes (CW), that doesn't mean you won't like carrots (Linn).
In other words, they may have very different sound. Or not.

There is a pair of these locally for $250. I don't know anything about them, but it seems like nice value. The owner says he bought them in the early 2000s, which is my only concern. I had a pair of Cerwin Vegas from the mid 90s that I did not love. However, I like their vintage stuff. Any input would be greatly appreciated. They would be for a second system in a small office room.
A lot of great speakers came out of that time period. A lot of not so great speakers came out of that time period. your CVs where the latter.
Same is true for now, the 80s, the 70s, etc.
No knowledge on this specific model though... sorry. :)

Price seems.to he told to very good. I owned some bookshelf Linn speakers. Really nice. Give them a listen.

Thanks guys. If the owner's post is telling it looks like he's unhooked them and stored them away in his basement, but if I can convince him to hook everything up, I'll definitely give them a listen first.

Price seems.to he told to very good. I owned some bookshelf Linn speakers. Really nice. Give them a listen.

I thought so. Apparently they were around $2000 brand new. Ebay isn't very telling in their going rate now. The prices seem to be all over the place. Good to hear that you've enjoyed your bookshelf Linn speakers.

The Keilidh (pronounced “Kay-lee” if anyone cares) are a great small tower that will surprise you. You would have made a move from audio also-rans to real hifi with that purchase.

I been looking at these as well. The one thing I've read many times is you really want these with the ku-stone base.

Back
Top Bottom