Linn Lp-12 - modify voltage to AUS power supply

jezzalenko

Looking for advice on the voltage adjustment for a nearly LP12. I've a unit that has a UK power lead, but needs changing to suit AUS power supply.

The motor indicates that it can be used at both 50 and 60 Hz (see pic) but there is no clear indication in technical literature that i have as to how it is to be modified to operate at 60Hz.
photo 1(13).JPG

I've read the advice in the Set up guide for 1998 , but it doesnt seem to apply to early model.

here are some pics of the unit, with the capacitor rating also

photo 4(3).JPG photo 3(6).JPG
photo 5(3).JPG

I had never been to Australia, but to the best of my knowledge and according to TripAdvisor, mains voltage in the country is 230V@50Hz so I don't see why any tinkering with the PS is required.

Thanks for the input. I see, my sentence should read "The motor indicates that it can be used at both 50 and 60 Hz (see pic) but there is no clear indication in technical literature that i have as to how it is to be modified to operate at 50Hz" not 60Hz, my error.

So is this unit set up to operate at 50Hz - thats what I need to know?

Clearly the motor will operate at both 60 and 50 Hz, but I fully suspect that the unit needs to be set up that way. Please refer to Linn technical literature you may have.

Thanks for the input. I see, my sentence should read "The motor indicates that it can be used at both 50 and 60 Hz (see pic) but there is no clear indication in technical literature that i have as to how it is to be modified to operate at 50Hz" not 60Hz, my error.

So is this unit set up to operate at 50Hz - thats what I need to know?

Clearly the motor will operate at both 60 and 50 Hz, but I fully suspect that the unit needs to be set up that way. Please refer to Linn technical literature you may have.

Yes, it is set up to run at UK power of 230 volts at 50Hz. :thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom