Linn Majik System

Tedrick

Infinity-phile
Subscriber
I had a chance to spend a few minutes listening to theLinn Majik System on Saturday at my local audio shop. IIRC, the system on display consisted of the the Majik floor-standing speaker running bi-amped with a Majik-i integrated amp and Majik 2100 and a Majik CD player.

The sounds from this system were stunning. Overall, the sound was very smooth and extended with excellent imaging. The upper octaves were detailed but with no hint of harshness or edge. Mids were sweet, and female vocals were oh-so-nice. I was most impressed with the bass from the relatively modest-sized floor-standing speakers. Bass was well extended, articulate, and fast with plenty of authority. No subwoofer is used in the design, and from what I heard one isn't really needed. The system does seem to be quite set-up sensitive; the guys at the shop related to me that it took the Linn tech about 4 hours to get the sound dialed. But clearly the results are well worth the effort. The price isn't cheap ($11.5K for the system on display), but I could be quite happy with this system in my living room.

Back
Top Bottom