linn sekrits

tsbuoy

i picked up a pair today for $100 - the wall mount version through craigslist (apparently a yank phenomenon for you folks on the other side of the atlantic).

the previous owner didn't realize that you had to send signal to both the tweeters and midrange, so all he was getting was midrange. no wonder he sold them so cheaply.

i currently am sending speaker A to the top and speaker B to the mids and the sound is pretty amazing, and with placement so close to the wall, the bass is a lot more than i expected (although i'd read some reviews that suggest that linn purposely enhanced the bass response with a built in contour).

besides getting a chance to say "WOO HOO!", this post is a shout out for feedback from anyone who's used sekrits: as i just mentioned, i'm currently sending separate speaker outputs to the inputs. would i lose or improve anything if i just wired the input in series?

how much improvement would i get if i bit the bullet and got the AKTIV crossovers? does bi-amping make *that* much of a difference?

has anyone done a side by side comparisions to kans/tukans?

thanks in advance.

Hey ts!

I haven't heard your speakers, but can toss in that if you wire them in series the resistance (ohms) seen by your amp will double. If you wire them in parallel it will be halved.

I'm pretty sure :). Biamping might really make a difference, I'd try it for sure.

I've always wanted a pair of speaks with the tweeter broken out, so I could run the tweets with a little tube amp. Just for fun.

Pete

i was thinking parallel wiring the whole way, but thanks. hey. i grew up in lakewood! parents still live there, but i've been in s.cal for almost 20 years now. went home last summer and took my dad to jacobs field for the first time. wanna get back to catch a cavs game at the Q next season.

Nice to meet you ts! You come the Cleveland, drop me a line.

Are the speakers 8 ohm? I *think* running in parallel will drop the resistance seen by the amp to 4?

Pete

Back
Top Bottom