Linn Tukan

cableguy

In Twang We Trust
Found a beautiful and relatively local pair of these in cherry-wood...picking them up on Monday. Pretty excited as I have been lusting after a pair of these for some time.

Found a beautiful and relatively local pair of these in cherry-wood...picking them up on Monday. Pretty excited as I have been lusting after a pair of these for some time.

I've always been intrigued by Linn, but the price has always turned me off. Thhere is a local Linn dealer who carries Vienna Acoustics that I am considering. I'm gonna listen just to find out what the deal is...I know they are highly regarded. Enjoy your Linns, sounds like you got a good deal.

First off; Congrats on getting a set of very cool speakers!

My guess is that not many here have spent much time with Tukans?

I am looking forward to your findings, especially how finicky they are to setup to get to that expansive soundstage the reviews promise.

Awesome Bill, I can't wait to hear what you think of them.

Unfortunately, it is pretty quiet in here. Except for threads about the LP12 where folks on both side are pretty much attracted like moths to a flame. :smoke:

Well thank you...I am picking them up on Monday so I can elaborate more then. I wanted a small (British) influenced 2 way monitor of a higher quality and it looks like I have landed a really nice pair here locally.I already own a pair of ACI Sapphire III's that really like so these should make a fine addition to the simple little system I run these days.

Hey Bill, just back from vacation. Looking forward to pics and listening impressions on Monday.

Just unpacked them and am listening now....what beautifully made speakers. Sounding quite large for their diminutive size. I'm going to like these I believe.

Attachments

• 100_1226.jpg
    100_1226.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 248
  • 100_1227.jpg
    100_1227.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 200
  • 100_1228.jpg
    100_1228.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 171
Just unpacked them and am listening now....what beautifully made speakers. Sounding quite large for their diminutive size. I'm going to like these I believe.

Look quite nice, Bill. You know what to do with them if you don't like them...right.:yes:

Look quite nice, Bill. You know what to do with them if you don't like them...right.:yes:

I think, after one evening of listening, that these have found a home here at the casa'...:yes: This is what I have looking for, for some time now....there is truly magic in a well designed two way monitor. They, like the ACI's disappear into the rooms background. It's really awesome to be a part of...can't wait to get back home and spend a few more hours with them this evening.

Very nice Bill! :beerchug:

I have a pair of Linn Saras that need a little TLC, but they still sound really good to my ears.

Excellent!
burns.jpg

I remember auditioning the Tukan's way back when, when they first came out at my Linn/Naim dealer. What impressed me the most about those speakers were their ability to disappear and throw a large soundstage. System matching is important with the Tukan's, as they can be a bit thin and bright in the wrong system.

These Tukans are an absolutely stunning small speaker that squeezes every drop of emotion out of each note. The sound-stage and imaging produced by these is very wide…they portray music with a punchy rhythmic slate having exceptional air and detail; very engaging indeed…

These Tukans are an absolutely stunning small speaker that squeezes every drop of emotion out of each note. The sound-stage and imaging produced by these is very wide…they portray music with a punchy rhythmic slate having exceptional air and detail; very engaging indeed…

Hmmmm....sounds like my kind of speaker!

Man this Linn forum is lively isn't it. Perhaps we should trade it in on a Naim/Linn/Rega forum...now that might get lively! Only good thing about this one being dead is it's easy to follow when someone posts on Bill's thread.

Man this Linn forum is lively isn't it. Perhaps we should trade it in on a Naim/Linn/Rega forum...now that might get lively! Only good thing about this one being dead is it's easy to follow when someone posts on Bill's thread.

That's great idea Art...or perhaps even a British HiFi forum so the NAD, MF, and Creek folks (among others) could join in too.

Back
Top Bottom