List of Audio Gear Unique to One AK member.

Meridian M10
Tri-amplified 3-way active design floor standing works of audio art.

Attachments

• Picture 231.jpg
    Picture 231.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 47
I have two possibilities, but certainly possible someone else could have them.

1) Purest Sound Systems PSS-500 passive "preamp"/volume control. Handmade by David Humm in Cleveland Ohio and produced for a brief period. Reviewed by Sam Tellig in Stereophile several years back. I have seen a couple for sale over the past 15 years.

2) Von Schweikert VM-2 monitors. Released by Von Schweikert about 2 months before their factory was flooded, which destroyed most of their VM-2 inventory. Even if someone has a pair, it isn't likely that their pair was assembled in Frank Derrigo's garage, like mine were. Frank was an assistant to Albert and after the flood, was "paid" in speaker parts, as the cash was gone. So he assembled a few pair and sold them on eBay. I got the last one he made.

A third possibility is my Audio Alchemy OM-150 power amp, with two outboard power supplies. A pretty rare beast, especially with both power supplies. Most people bought them with just one.

Picked up a unit that I didn't know existed, a step up transformer for the Crown SL-2 preamp.

Posted this pic a while ago.

attachment.php

Dynavector DV-10P HOMC T4P phonograph cartridge.

I've posted about mine several times. No one else seems to have one, and most seem surprised that Dynavector made a p-mount cartridge.

attachment.php

I am pretty sure I have Henry Kloss's personal Smaller Advents. That is what the ebay listing said and he had good feedback so I trust him.

Recently acquired Toshiba ss330w floorstanding 2-ways with 15 inch woofer.The thing that gets me is they are in massive cabinets 18"wide by 29"high for a speaker that is rated at wpc 60wpc max.They have lows unmatched by anything else I own and sound very,very good.

In the eight years since I still have these and have yet to hear of anyone having a pair.To most audio folk one wouldn't think much of them.In fact I would probably be hard pressed to get forty bucks at a yard sale for these but they will be with me until the end.Ahead of many other Klipsch ,KEF,JBL,EV,Goodman,Tannoy,Vandersteen and countless other speakers that I either had or have.:yes:They may not work for everyone or be the best but to these ears they are lifetime speakers.Goes to show audio can be very unusual and not follow all the rules.

Yes. I have one of these and I believe it is rare. Found it on Craig's List and the guy who sold it to me didn't know what it was till I told him. In the process of the restoration I could not find a thing about it on line. No literature, schematic or anything about it. It now works but I have no idea why I got it in the first place

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 76
Yes. I have one of these and I believe it is rare. Found it on Craig's List and the guy who sold it to me didn't know what it was till I told him. In the process of the restoration I could not find a thing about it on line. No literature, schematic or anything about it. It now works but I have no idea why I got it in the first place

attachment.php

So, what is it?

I don't think an Ak'er has a pair of 1971 Infinity 2000a 12" 3-ways with the RTR electrostatic dipole array.

Attachments

• Picture 331.jpg
    Picture 331.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 23
  • Picture 335.jpg
    Picture 335.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 20
Well, I'm not shure if I am alone with my Blaupunkt Santiago. First time I've seen one and I bought it...
The next item could be my Grundig Audioramas, but those are not too hard to find...

I have, and have had, a few pieces that I think are unique to me on AK. This is not due to the items being really obscure or high end, but rather because I'm from Hungary.

I assume I'm the only one here with a Vibavoice Mini DAC. Vibavoice products were made by a guy for a few years, unfortunately he has since stopped producing them for health reasons. The lineup included DACs, amps, speakers, and also power conditioners, from a very low price to quite expensive pieces. Not a lot of info out there about them, but the owners are generally quite satisfied, myself included.

I've had a few vintage pieces from hungarian manufacturers Videoton and Orion. These were very "popular", (They were almost the only brands you could buy here. :sigh:) and If there is another active Hungarian AK member I's sure he's had some of the same.

Finally there are my Hornyphon speakers, which other members have as well, only by the less stupid name of Philips 544 MFB.

I have, and have had, a few pieces that I think are unique to me on AK. This is not due to the items being really obscure or high end, but rather because I'm from Hungary.

I assume I'm the only one here with a Vibavoice Mini DAC. Vibavoice products were made by a guy for a few years, unfortunately he has since stopped producing them for health reasons. The lineup included DACs, amps, speakers, and also power conditioners, from a very low price to quite expensive pieces. Not a lot of info out there about them, but the owners are generally quite satisfied, myself included.

I've had a few vintage pieces from hungarian manufacturers Videoton and Orion. These were very "popular", (They were almost the only brands you could buy here. :sigh:) and If there is another active Hungarian AK member I's sure he's had some of the same.

Finally there are my Hornyphon speakers, which other members have as well, only by the less stupid name of Philips 544 MFB.

A Mechlabor turntable would be nice.

Ok; does anyone have an all in one Sony HP810 with a Dual tt?
attachment.php

Attachments

• Sony all in one 001.jpg
    Sony all in one 001.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 94
A Mechlabor turntable would be nice.

Now those are obscure... Just checked the last one sold around here, the price was insane!:sigh:

EDIT: I just found out that the successor of the company is still in business, refurbishing old Mechlabor equipment, and apparently they still make the SL-102 on order. And their hq is about 20 km from here!:scratch2:

Last edited:
So, what is it?

It is a vinyl to 4 track cassette tape recorder. I use to see them at a store near where I lived back in the 60s. At the store you would buy a blank tape and use the recorder to make tapes from albums to play in your car on your under dash cassette tape player. At the time it was Muntz or Learjet players. The recorder had a slot that would take quarters. Each quarter would give you 10 minutes of recording time. Eventually they added recorders for 8 track cassette tapes when they became popular. Manufactured by Muntz with the turntable coming from Voice of Music.:yes:

Last edited:
^^^ Are those transmission lines? With full-range drivers? What kind of drivers are they?

Look really nice, bet they sound good with tubes...

Back
Top Bottom