List of Audio Gear Unique to One AK member.

I don't think an Ak'er has a pair of 1971 Infinity 2000a 12" 3-ways with the RTR electrostatic dipole array.
I don't think an Ak'er has a pair of 1971 Infinity 2000a 12" 3-ways with the RTR electrostatic dipole array.
i have a set from 1971 but one speaker was a no name replacement so i purchased a couple of 1973 from coastsider and they sound fantastic!!

i have a set from 1971 but one speaker was a no name replacement so i purchased a couple of 1973 from coastsider and they sound fantastic!!

Good show.
Perhaps you are now the only AKer owning a pair
FWIW, those old caps are old:)

Pretty sure nobody else here has a pair of Clearfield Continental Speakers, someone bought a pair of the Metropolitans last year tho.

I also have not run into anyone using a VAC CLA1 MKII Pre Amp on any forum.

Anybody have a pair of S.A.P. Mondiale speakers? They're in Jensen/Onken cabinets with a pair of 6" full range drivers and a tweeter mounted on top. I think they only made a few (3-6 maybe).
SAPs 004.JPG

The rarest pieces of gear I have are a pair of Marantz 5 monoblocks, but I know of at least one other member here with two.

Last edited:
Im probably the only one here using a Coph Nia Phono Stage I have units #8 & #9, 9 was owned by Michael Fremer, Also might be the only one using a SOTA Head Amp, I have two of those.

IMG_1786_zpsd48876ff.jpg

IMG_1924_zpsf45706b1.jpg

Still nobody???

I now have only one Coph Nia and 4 SOTA Head Amps

Actually, neither the tubes in the rack nor the speaker frames. Would you recommend doing so and with exactly what? Sand? Shot?
E-Stat,

I never filled mine but if I did would not use sand because it would most likely get down into the threads of the spikes. I asked because I noticed you have a TT on top. I have 2 more shelves and on thick carpet it can be a little wobbly.

I asked because I noticed you have a TT on top. I have 2 more shelves and on thick carpet it can be a little wobbly.
First of all, the HW-2 base upon which the table sits is massive. My shorter rack is not wobbly in the least bit. Jogging it just wobbles the turntable on the base's springs.

Good show.
Perhaps you are now the only AKer owning a pair
FWIW, those old caps are old:)
i've already changed to newer ones. now i'm trying to find new surrounds for the phillips midranges but i've read where you can't get any, and, that they are usually cloth. sure looks like foam to me tho.

The pic in my Avatar is one of a pair of Audiotron Labs AT-100 speakers I got about 6 months ago. They have 6 Dathar Acoustics DF-12HC-4 Midrange Drivers and 6 peerless tweeters in each. I would love to know if anyone else has some. :)

Well,the thread on my recently acquired "thrift store" Grafyx Model 4 speakers is drawing crickets,so my guess is they're pretty rare and no-one else here has a pair.

Plenty of Grafyx SP-6/SP-8/SP-10 owners here though,but these Model 4's are a completely different speaker compared to the earlier Grafyx SP series.

index.php

Thread on these speakers here: http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/interesting-thrift-store-find-grafyx-model-4.686489/

In addition to those I have a Teac A-1D integrated amp that seems to be a pretty obscure piece of gear,this was part of their Distinction series along with the T-1D Tuner and C-1D CDP (ad pic cropped & resized).

Teac A1D Integrated Amp cropped.jpg

Also have a pair of vintage Teac LS-30 2 way speakers as well,info for these speakers is pretty much nowhere to be found as well (web pic).

Teac LS-30.jpg

Did'nt see any of those mentioned thus far,,,so it'll be interesting to see if anyone else has/knows about any of these...

I got one/two other items that may also qualify,but my guess is those are'nt nearly as unusual as these pieces are.

FWIW

Bret P. ~ ØD

Back
Top Bottom