List of Audio Gear Unique to One AK member.

Ive already mentioned my ultra rare TOTL Braun L-1000 studio monitors{1 of 100 pairs made in1964 w.germany} but since that post ive manage to come up with another totl vintage speakers im sure nobody else has here..1959 Stephens Tru-sonic 3-ways w-15/8m/5kt horns.These are in JBL type Solvierns walnut cabinets
in mint shape

hunter

1969 JBL C-53 Libra speakers. LE14C and LE20 components including the LX8 network. In 1969 the buyer could select from various cabinets and components building their speaker to their liking.
image.jpeg

I have a set of JBL L25 Primas awaiting resto. I've dumped nearly all my JBL stuff but these. Keepers and definitely fab -

208x200xAustin-Powers-Yeah-Baby1.png,Mic_.-u36nsO2zw.png.pagespeed.ce.CHZ7Cxk-VI.png

prima.jpg

Those C-53 Libras look really interesting.

Thanks. Got them from the original owner. Fantastic condition. Only problem was he also had a set of Lancer 77's (same cabinet) and somewhere down the line got the grilles switched. He had given the Lancers away to a relative who had the grilles for mine. Long story short, my speakers have Lancer 77 badges on the grilles. I had the drivers refoamed by a JBL service center so they're 100% terrific sounding.

Potentially two, my B&W DM-16 speakers are kind of rare these days. I also run a Harmonious Audio MPA-1a MC cart power preamp which is almost unheard of. Very cheap, great sounding.

A local thrift shop recently set this one aside for me, what seems to be a unique variation on a not-uncommon TT: a brushed aluminum base Dual CS1249. Scans of old Dual catalogs only show the usual black, white, and simulated woodgrain.
I haven't found any pics of another nor have the experts over at Vinylengine ID'ed it, altho' I'm certain it's original.

(apologies for the mediocre pics)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom