List your Klipsch speakers

Discussion in 'The Klipsch Korner' started by cubdog, Mar 3, 2013.

1. zebra03

zebra03 All Audio - NO BS

One pair of the 5.5's have been sold and replaced by a brand new pair of RF-7 II's .

2. SiliconTi

SiliconTi AK Subscriber Subscriber

Only one pair so far, 1978 La Scalas. I'd buy another pair in a second if I could afford another pair.

capt.chaos likes this.
  3. DIGGIT

DIGGIT New Member

As far as I am concerned there is only one speaker manufacturer ( this gonna piss some people's faces off ) KLIPSCH and only KLIPSCH.
    From the roof tops KLIPSCH!!!!! What I have at the moment is one pair KG4 and one pair KG5.5.

4. DIGGIT

DIGGIT New Member

One thing that would be handy is, if you don't want them and want to sell them, give us a price and a rough geographical so that us lovers can take the poor things off of your hands.

5. Output Relay

Output Relay New Member

Promedia 2.1
    B-10s w/R-10 sub
    KG-5s in the shop
    RF-3s sitting on top of KLF-20s for front channel
    F-1s for the rears
    2 R-12 subs
    All driver by Carver power. I know there are other brands, I'm just not sure why.

6. DIGGIT

DIGGIT New Member

Other brands meaning the klipsch or the carver?

7. Output Relay

Output Relay New Member

You kind of got me there. I won't give up the Klipsch, but I'd rather not do without the Carver. I've used both since the 80s. Klipsch has always had the sound I want to hear, while Carver has the power to get them there. I have tried others. Different makers of speakers and amps. Kind of the grass is always greener thing I guess. But I've always come back to Klipsch and for the sake of not starting an argument since this is the Klipsch Korner Im going to stand by the Klipsch.

8. DIGGIT

DIGGIT New Member

Well just between you me and this post that's the direction that I'm going as well. One more piece, a rack, and all of the cables. Then we fly.

9. Output Relay

Output Relay New Member

The Klipsch KLF-20s carry their own and need no help. I've used them since they were new with no complaints. The sound quality, the response, the complete sound field they generate is second to none. I had a chance to add the RF-3s a few years ago, and I'm very glad I did. The two do nothing but compliment each other. I think each pair sound excellent on there own. There is nothing missing from either pair. But when the two work together it's just that much more, just a whole new sound scape. The sound is fuller, richer, the top end is just that much stronger. Not to mention should I ever decide to I could really piss off the neighbors, and I live out in the country. I've tried Scotts, Infinity, EV, and such. And they all have their strong points. But when I got to Klipsch I stopped looking. Been happy ever since.

10. DIGGIT

DIGGIT New Member

I've been shopping for a pair of KLF 30s for a while. They pop up every now and then. To be honest I would take any Klipsch at the right price just to make sure that they are in a safe home.

11. Output Relay

Output Relay New Member

Mine are living proof that if you feed them good and show them a little love they will pay you back in kind. Bought mine in the mid 90s, hooked them up to a TFM-35 and have never had the first problem or complaint. They get used pretty much every day. Some days harder than others. And they keep on rocking. The first set of Klipsch I heard were small, old, and in a friend's wood shop covered with sawdust. I knew then I had to look into them, and been building ever since.

12. DIGGIT

DIGGIT New Member

I grew up with a pair of 1980 Cornwalls and JBL L100s. I learned what breaks them (folks weren't too happy with that) but boy howdy was that a fun loud weekend. I could make it sound like a train was coming through the neighborhood. They since been rebuilt. Ah the 90s

13. Jefferylu98

Jefferylu98 AK Subscriber Subscriber

2 sets of chorus 2s running off a Yamaha m-80 amp and a pioneer 1980 front end. Loud and proud

14. capt.chaos

capt.chaos Super Member

70th Anniversary Klipschorns and a pair of Heresy IIs.

15. natesly

natesly New Member

Quartets
    KSW-12
    R-14m
    RC3 ii
    So far...

16. 314carpenter

314carpenter New Member

order in which acquired
    Quartet Oiled Oak (2) Crites tweeters/crossovers
    RSW10 Black (1)
    KV3 Oiled Oak (2)
    KG 5.2 Black (2) Sold
    Forte II Black (2) Crites tweeters/crossovers, Klipsch titanium midrange driver/Crites bandpass board
    Academy Black (1) Crites tweeters/crossovers
    KG 5.5 Oiled Oak (2) Crites tweeters
    KG 2.5 Oiled Oak (2) Crites tweeters

17. Jirachi

Jirachi New Member

Cornwall I
    Forte I
    Heresy I

I've owned Forte II, KG 4.2, KG 5.2 and KG 4.5 in the past. Seriously considering doing a full bob crites upgrade on the Cornwall but that alone will run ~$1100. I feel like I could sell two or all three sets and get something better overall. Cornscala? But not sure yet! Cornwalls are powered by a Marantz 2325. The other two pairs are currently unused.

18. Coytee

Coytee AK Subscriber Subscriber

My my my.... Since it only gets better as you go bigger, I think you should stay away from their larger offerings..... I fear you will go into shock if you were to hear them!

:eek: :crazy: :eek: :crazy:

(I do however like your sentiment)

:thumbsup: :rockon: :thumbsup:

19. Chrisxo55441

Chrisxo55441 AK Subscriber Subscriber

Forte l
    Kg4 - Crites upgrade
    RB 61 ll

20. bcarey13

bcarey13 Back to Basics Subscriber

1957 Khorns with Crites Upgrades
    1988 LaScalas with Crites Upgrades