List your Klipsch speakers

My first pair of Klipsch were KG 5.5. Bought them new in 1998. Sold them last week. Since then the only other Klispch I have owned are Palladium P38 and P17b. The 17s are my bedroom speakers.

DTkMmi0.jpg

vj53yZI.jpg

My first pair of Klipsch were KG 5.5. Bought them new in 1998. Sold them last week. Since then the only other Klispch I have owned are Palladium P38 and P17b. The 17s are my bedroom speakers.

DTkMmi0.jpg

vj53yZI.jpg
I was sad to see Klipsch close out the Palladiums, not that I could afford them!

I could see their reasoning for stopping production of them. There were out of most peoples price range. People who could afford speakers in that range probably would not think to even try the Palladiums. But I have to say they sound pretty darn good. The only reason I could afford them is because of the 50% sale.

They are very striking looking in person as well. And big. When they showed up I was ay work. When I got home my wife was standing next to them in the garage still in their boxes. The boxes were taller than she was. She was not smiling much that day. She likes 'em now though. She keeps trying to get me to downsize and get "those cute little Bose speakers that her friends husband has in the ceiling corners at their house"... In a word - No

I was sad to see Klipsch close out the Palladiums, not that I could afford them!

I could see their reasoning for stopping production of them. There were out of most peoples price range. People who could afford speakers in that range probably would not think to even try the Palladiums. But I have to say they sound pretty darn good. The only reason I could afford them is because of the 50% sale.

They are very striking looking in person as well. And big. When they showed up I was ay work. When I got home my wife was standing next to them in the garage still in their boxes. The boxes were taller than she was. She was not smiling much that day. She likes 'em now though. She keeps trying to get me to downsize and get "those cute little Bose speakers that her friends husband has in the ceiling corners at their house"... In a word - No
I can picture that story. Very funny. Wives must be the life's blood of Bose.

Tyler, Your lists sequence is in a seemingly declining value order. Curious which you enjoy listening to most?

Whichever is hooked up to my Fisher 800B. I have had it with my Cornwall's upstairs and loved them. I have a McIntosh 7900 downstairs with the Belles, way overkill. Recently moved the Fisher downstairs with the Belles and they became my favorite. The Mac is wonderful and I still switch back and forth with the Fisher but I am now officially a tube guy, no surprise with Klipsch..

Left to themselves prior the tubes the Belles were left downstairs, my primary listening area. If it wasn't for their weight there have been times when the Cornwall's would have supplanted them. Probably one of the best all around speakers I have ever owned, (Cornwall's). The Forte II's were my first Klipsch and I gave them to my son.The Quartet's I found at Goodwill for $60. They are currently stored in the garage.

Covet your Chorus. Don't know much about the Speakerlab kit.

FCED930B-B5CF-42F2-9E69-195F43AD9F28.jpeg ACA4D269-D556-4C24-9000-182E9613D446.jpeg 28A5C92A-07D7-4B5A-A4C5-841979C9128B.jpeg 4A3BD436-281E-4562-8F2B-8E76E5276373.jpeg AEC2CD46-EA48-4C76-97D5-0ACA66CD4022.jpeg ‘84 Cornwalls (current)
‘82 Cornwalls
Cornwall ii
Heresy ii
Heresy HBR
‘79 La Scala
‘97 La Scala
‘90 La Scala
KLF 20
KLF 10
CF3

My current Cornwall CBL has the Cane grills and needs to be recapped and one woofer developed a slight voice coil rub.
Definitely like the Cornwall sound over La Scala. Always liked the Heresy sound as they almost have the “smaller” stage sound from the Cornwall.
KLF AND CF series are your typical “loud” but harsh sound in my opinion. A9FA8A7B-D8AF-446C-8AC4-BD61E1669C3A.jpeg

I guess I'm the only guy to buy a pair of rp280f speakers. I really love them. Bigger klipsch or altec 19 clones in my future.

Back
Top Bottom