List your Klipsch speakers

Discussion in 'The Klipsch Korner' started by cubdog, Mar 3, 2013.

1. Dirk Willims

Dirk Willims AK Subscriber Subscriber

Three pairs of kornwalls, three pairs of Hearseys,

saving for Khorns.

Had a deal on a set of Belles go away last week. My friend was going to sell them to me, but his deal on another set, didn't happen. O well

A guy here in town has a primo set of horns sitting in his shed. I shudder everytime I think of that kind of abuse.

Sadly I'm out of room. I live in a reasonably sized house, of 2100SF, with thirty years work of life around me.

I'd throw it all away to make room for a set of Horns, they are sacred ground for me. Spiritual

Dirk

Please register to disable this ad.

2. imral3

imral3 Well-Known Member

My home theater consists of R-15M's for the front R/L, an R-25C center, and R-14M's for the surrounds.

3. silversport

silversport Super Member

ksb 1.1
    KSP-S6
    KLF-C7
    kg2
    Heresy
    Quartet

4. maxhifi

maxhifi AK Subscriber Subscriber

La Scala, from 1980

5. SOTA

SOTA Solder Splash Goalie

RF-7/RC-7/RS-7/RSW12 circa 2003

Grew up in a house that had Lascala/K-horn/RF-7 surround with Braun/Dynaco preceding them!:beerchug:

Last edited: May 21, 2018
    fredgarvin likes this.
  6. carewser

carewser New Member

As an extremely poor audiophile all I own are the Klipsch ProMedia's which some people don't think even qualify as Klipsch speakers but I know another guy that felt the same way about the Klipschorns, he loved them so much I'm surprised he didn't try and trade one of his kids for a pair.

"Here's little Susie, now hand over the Klipschorns"

7. Dirk Willims

Care, my children are early thirties, nobody in their right minds would trade horns for them!

Dirk

carewser and fredgarvin like this.
  8. teashea

teashea Active Member

Forte III
    Heresy III (three pair)

Forte (used to have)
    Klipshorn (used to have)

fredgarvin likes this.
  9. fredgarvin

fredgarvin AK Subscriber Subscriber

I love my Quartets and am holding out for an actual deal on Chorus II's. They will come.

10. Dirk Willims

Again I've got my eye on a set of horns, in remarkable condition. Gonna see if I can sell one of my vintage motocross bikes for purchas. The bikes a very rare 1974 Rickman Zundapp, out of Germany.

Dirk

11. JMiP

JMiP AK Subscriber Subscriber

I just upgraded the tweets in my KG4 to Crites. Sounding...better? Need to give it more time for a serious listen.

I would love to upgrade to a set of Quartets one day.

silversport and fredgarvin like this.

12. Dave 836

Dave 836 New Member

MCM 1900 three way two stacks
    KPT 456

silversport likes this.
  13. fredgarvin

fredgarvin AK Subscriber Subscriber

I got a RW-10d sub on Craigslist, for a song. In my HT it will easily blow you out of the room. It only specs down to 28hz -3 db but has a Bash amp with 265 watts RMS. It really gets loud. While picking it up the guy also sent me off with a pristine pair of RB-61's for next to nothing. My new surrounds now, much better than the old ones.

silversport likes this.
  14. silversport

silversport Super Member

looks like I have to add a pair of RB-5 IIs...third time for the RB-5s and first for the II designation version...the difference is Monster Cable Z Series wire used and different, real wood veneer and their MSRP was $50 more...these are Cherry...I've had Mahogany and Black prior...

Bill

fredgarvin likes this.
  15. schmikka

schmikka AK Member Subscriber

Recently added a set of KSF 8.5s to the stable joining my Forte IIs and Quartets. Almost every speaker has paled in comparison to the 3 way Klipsches, and with other two-way Klipsches (such as KG-4s and KG 5.5s) I've really missed the midrange. These KSF 8.5s don't seem to been all that highly regarded in relative terms, but I'm impressed. Balanced sounding and easy on the ears!

16. mythrenegade

mythrenegade New Member

I have a set of KG 5.5’s I bought new in 1997 or so. I deeply desire a pair of chorus II’s.

17. Verde

Verde New Member

CF4's version 3 cherry, sold. Sounded very good to me
    CF3's black version 1- unbelievable for 10" drivers
    KLF 20's crites upgrades black, not bad
    Forte 2 black, crites upgrades, Great sound for rock, impressive.
    CF4 version 2 med oak. I really can't hear a difference between these and the version 1's. I am driving them with 165-220 watt vintage receivers. Sansui G-22,000, Pioneer 1980, 1280, and 1250 etc,etc, all restored. I haven't rebuilt the crossovers yet, but intend to. I love the way these sound,lot's of bass. Horns deliver mids and highs perfectly for me. You can feel the drivers hitting you in the chest.
    CF4 version 1 oak - My favorites so far. The veneer on the cf 3's and 4's is still good but I'm considering re veneering a pair in claro walnut. I would attach a photo of veneer work on receivers if I could figure out how.

fredgarvin likes this.
  18. Champco

Champco Super Member

KSB 1.1
    had three pairs till recently. Down to one. Gave a pair to my son for rear channel, sold another pair to a neighbor who threatened to steal them.
    My last pair are relegated to the audio test bench. I know what to expect. One of my other neighbors was just stunned by em the other day.

One of my older neighbors had a pair of klipsch horns powered by a big Marantz amp. He has to be deaf today.