Single RF-83
Single RC-64
Pair of Forte 1
Pair of Forte 2
Pair of Chorus1
Pair of KLF-30
Pair of KG-4

Bob Crites

You have my imagination running, Bob . . . A SINGLE RF-63 and a SINGLE RF-83? Why singles?

You have my imagination running, Bob . . . A SINGLE RF-63 and a SINGLE RF-83? Why singles?

Well, guess I could explain that. When the RF-63, RF-83 and RC-64 first came out, Klipsch sent one of each to a company near me that develops packaging. That company designed shipping packaging for them then used the complete speakers inside those boxes to perform drop testing on them. The packaging worked good, so the speakers were not destroyed during the test. Klipsch did not want them back, so the company doing the testing awarded them to an employee who won some sort of company contest. He then sold them to me.

And now you know the "rest of the story".

One pair of KG 1.5's on the dresser at the foot of the bed. They were my "man cave" speakers until I got my Baby Advent II's.

Well, guess I could explain that. When the RF-63, RF-83 and RC-64 first came out, Klipsch sent one of each to a company near me that develops packaging. That company designed shipping packaging for them then used the complete speakers inside those boxes to perform drop testing on them. The packaging worked good, so the speakers were not destroyed during the test. Klipsch did not want them back, so the company doing the testing awarded them to an employee who won some sort of company contest. He then sold them to me.

And now you know the "rest of the story".

Now that is interesting! Thanks for sharing the rest of the story. :)

In my possession now I have LaScala Pros with split cabinets, Heresy's and Cf-3's.

Somethings gotta give..lol

KG 2's-lost to lightening strike
Heresy 1's-in storage
Heresy 2's-gave to my college age daughter along with a Marantz 2270 and a Thorens
TD 160
KG 3.5's-in storage
LaScala's-sold....BIG REGRET!!
BelleKlipsch's-sold....no regret
Klipschorns-in the basement system.

Updated list:

78 La Scalas
87 Cornwalls
RF7 II's
Icon VF-36 (with matching center & surrounds)
2 SW-450's
iFi iPod Speaker System

2-channel Rig: Heresy II (soon to be Heresy II.75 with the addition of K-28E woofers to the K-76Ti tweeters and K-53Ti midranges) driven by a Dynaco ST35 (or other tube amp...see .sig).

Home Theater Rig: 3x KP250 (Industrial Heresy) each with its own Fisher 30A amp.

-D

Forte
Cornwall lll
Academy
KLF-30
Epic CF-3 First version.

I'm getting old cause I can't remember you having/getting CF3 v1s. Do you still have them? How do you like them compared to your other Klipsch speakers.

cubdog

Back
Top Bottom