Listening chair

My massive beanbag chair. I love this thing.

6729ECD3-55F1-435A-B2AA-90A06E80B590-787-000000F6D1A051C9.jpg

Too old for beanbags ... need a crane to get up. <G>

How's about an old barber chair? Seems like it'd be almost perfect for me, what with holographic and all. Swing side to side, lean back, adjust headrest, elevate as needed, nail head to headrest ...

(mighty small sweet spot)

Inspired by this thread, I got an Ekornes Sunrise. Nice chair, very comfortable for extended listening. For some reason though, now I keep thinking I need a sofa...

Inspired by this thread, I got an Ekornes Sunrise. Nice chair, very comfortable for extended listening. For some reason though, now I keep thinking I need a sofa...

wOw ...

Stressless-Sunrise-L.png

You DO know, for that kind of money, you could have gotten a nice curved sofa? Just sayin' ... :D

Maybe we can scare off the spammers ... everybody post up pics of their angry chairs!!

201212191402171233.jpg

I still like my el cheapo rocker/swivel/recliner ... $200 on sale at "O" dot co - and they have plush curved sofas too!

Curved Sofa

Curve sofas are a great addition to any room. They really make decorating so much easier. They go great in the living room, family room, den or office. Just make sure that you have enough space for it to fit. Measure two times maybe even three just to make sure it is going to fit.

But they are not always the easiest to find. This is especially true if you live in a smaller town, without many furniture stores. Online is a great place to find furniture.

Find out more about curved sofas online you can read at http://traans.blogspot.com/2013/01/curved-sofa.html

These sofas can be quite expensive and requires a huge investment. So be very careful in choosing this type of sofa, keeping in mind the space and structure of your living room.

I forsee a one post wonder...

Your Ekornes Sunrise already has plenty curves, and it's arguably tufted ... you may be able to get away with just getting a plush stretch terry leopard print cover for it ...

If memory serves me right, my bestest ever listening chair was one I built myself out of an old ironing board ...

(Turn on the wayback machine, Sherman.)

leopard%20couch.gif

Then again, what are the chances of memory serving me right from back then? Rumour has it I was fairly wasted fairly often. Hey ... for all I know, it could have been a curved couch with a plush stretch terry leopard print cover onnit. If you're looking at the pic and seeing a curved couch with a plush stretch terry leopard print cover onnit - the pic is apparently just part of my delusion, and now, here I've drawn you into it. My bad ...

PS ... any drug paraphernalia or objects that may resemble objects stolen from oh, say ... a Jack In The Box or a Denny's are YOUR delusion ...

Last edited:
Here's my listening chair - local Canadian company out of Quebec that do some amazing work. Funky 70's upholstery I know but you'd have to see the rest of the room to realize it works!!! It reclines also. Sorry, not a great pic!

And none of this :smoke: - the circles would drive a person insane!!

Attachments

• DSC00222.jpg
    DSC00222.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 128
I use two chairs depending on my mood. An Ekornes similar to what they call an Orion. Most comfortable chair I have ever sat/reclined in period. I wrote my M.S. dissertation in that chair - 8-10 hours a day for 2 months straight. I can't remember being uncomfortable once.

I was also recently given a mid-century Homecrest Siesta lounger for XMas by my GF - this year's XMas, too. I love it whan santa comes early. It is an absolute dream to lounge in. It has a spring-loaded mechanism and allows swiveling and rocking. The motion of your diaphragm when you breathe is just enough to make it rock ever so slightly, which has a soothing effect. They are super cool-looking to book, and look great indoors. Mine has a custom-made (non-original) orange fabric cover. Not mine, but this is what it looks like uncovered...
P5140440.JPG

Back
Top Bottom