Listening Spaces of the Stars in 1975

and looking at the ads in these old magazines its amazing. The Stereo makers were at each others throats, using the others product in their ads to put them down.

I used to have a t-shirt that said "Yeah, I'm Old. But I Got to See All the Great Bands". The mid 60s-mid 70s were a special time in music. I'm glad I was there. Thanks for posting this.

Very nice to show the stuff. In reality most of these guys weren't home more than 2-3 days a month to enjoy it. Gotta work all the time.

Hell yes...please do! I've been tyring to find articles just like this for years. Best I've come across is stuff about Henry Rollins, Steve Jobs, and a few others. Oh, and the Altec ad with Rod Stewart, but that only kinda counts.

Derringer's system is serious. I bet it would knock yer socks off even by modern audio performance metrics.

Cool! They used the same crap we all use now!
What the heck is that Auditron stuff Steve Miller is using?

I love the Zappa quote. When I was working in a studio, people thought i was crazy when i brought all my home speakers. I told them that they need to listen to the mix on what the buyer owns. Wish I had a copy of this print back then! Thanks for posting!

Back
Top Bottom