Little Feat

George R

:grnbounce Hey All:beer:,

Just found the last song I needed to complete "Down On The Farm" It puts me one step closer to a complete "Feat" anthology.

Sure wish they'd come to the L.A. area sometime soon.:rolleyes:

:D Happy Listening:cool:

George

I wish Lowell would have learned some moderation,those guy in that time period were awesome.They still hold their own but I miss that electric presence and his voice.What a wasteful shame.
Gonzo

You got that right,Gonzo, is the song "Willin" classic?and nobody has done a better job than lowell.

Dixie Chicken is my favorite album by Little Feat,though Chinese Work Songs with Shaun Whatshername doing vocals is pretty good.

opt

I loved Little Feet, but when Lowell died, my interest died with them. I have all their LP's up to and including Down on the Farm. Loved
1. Feets Don't fail me now
2, Sailing Shoes
3. Willing (both LP versions)
3. Down on the Farm

God, I wish musicians could keep it togther enough and not self destruct.

Jim

:grnbounce Hey all:beer:

First time I heard "Dixie Chicken", I knew I was hooked. Funny thing, whenever I've seen a "best slide player" list, George is not on it.:wtf:

It's always great to see other 'Feat fans. When my oldest son was five, and starting kindergarten, he got into trouble because he didn't want to learn "Nary Had a Little Lamb", he wanted to learn "Fat Man in the Bathtub".:lmao: :lmao: To this day, "Waiting For Columbus" is one of his favorite albums.

If oyu can find it, Paul Barrare did kind of a nifty album called "Accept No Subsitiute" with a group named The Blues Busters.

I have to admit, I haven't heard any tunes from "Chinese Work Songs", but that's next on my list.

"Don't the sunlight look so pretty,
Never such a sight.
As rollin into New York City,
With the stars and the mornin light
Feats Don't Fail Me Now."

:D George:cool:

Scored Little Feat's "Hoy,Hoy" today at Back alley discs.My local Indie/used/good prices/in an alley/cd store..$8.99 Cdn

Also Fleetwood Macs "The Dance"
and Neil Young's "This Note's for You":D :D

Alan

feat's still at it.

i saw them about four years ago at a free KLOS concert with zz top, and 38 special. sure zz was great but i thought feat were the highlight of the show.
lowells daughter enara sings with them now and shes damn good. the band has regained its former glory and are certainly worth seeing and buying their discs. one in particular is 'live from neon park', a double disc set of live takes.
i have nearly all of their previous titles and the solo lowell album. great band.

HIFI, I had The Lowell george solo album and traded it,bad move,

don't you miss the snow ,ice,wind cold and the Sabres now that you are away from Buffalo?

Alan

buffalo

i DO miss the snow and walking around with my 4 buckle arctics clinging against each other. a good breath of fresh air in the cold is a good thing.
the lowell george is available in used vinyl if youre patient. i have two.

:grnbounce Hey all,:beer:

Anyone have Paul Barrerre's two albums with the Blues Busters? I had "Accept No Substitute which has some good stuff on it, including a cover of "Down on The Farm." Alas, that disc was stolen along with all of my LP's a few years back.:pity:

After some searching, I found the record label that they were with. It's Landslide Records in Atlanta, GA. I can get both of their albums on cassette. $5.00 each.:bigok: You know where my next tenspot's going.:zoom:

If you like Feats and delta blues, check these guys out. You might be able to find them at Amoeba or the like.

:D George:cool:

I have a few of the ones with Lowell on them, and don't think it got any better than the debut album "Little Feat". The one with "Willing", "Strawberry Flats", and "Crazy Captain Gunboat Willy".

I would love to find the Lowell George solo album someday.

Almond, Toasted/MSgt, USAF

The creative genius of lowell george and a true solo album would be overshadowed by greed and alot of self centered egos.But you can always dream about it,damn I miss that presence.Little Feat will live on for us all on many different levels,it all comes back to the music. Gonzo

Back
Top Bottom