Little help with cables !!!

Ronald.C

Good night, everyone, I need a hand!
I have a Sansui G-22,000 and wanted to know which brand / model of interconnect cable to connect the preamplifier to the amplifier. I have three different brands with me:
1- KimberCable Select KS-1016;
2- MonsterCable interlink 300:
3- Original Nakamichi standard.

I've tested all three, the KimberCable is very open in the middle and highs but it leaves something to be desired in the low frequencies. The Monster is more closed in the medium frequencies and the highs, but it overflows low frequencies (and I like). Nakamichi gave me the impression of being more neutral, but it's the simplest of the three ... I'm pretty confused!

I've never used any of them, but I'd say whichever one is shorter, thicker and better shielded.

Well, Nakamichi is shorter but it's thinner, Kimber and Monster have the same size and thickness! I think the one with the best armor would be KimberCable!
My speakers are wharfedale E-70 with Vanden Hull Clear Water cables, and JBL 4430 with Monster Standard® 14/4 UL CL3-Rated monster cable.

Good night, everyone, I need a hand!
I have a Sansui G-22,000 and wanted to know which brand / model of interconnect cable to connect the preamplifier to the amplifier. I have three different brands with me:
1- KimberCable Select KS-1016;
2- MonsterCable interlink 300:
3- Original Nakamichi standard.

I've tested all three, the KimberCable is very open in the middle and highs but it leaves something to be desired in the low frequencies. The Monster is more closed in the medium frequencies and the highs, but it overflows low frequencies (and I like). Nakamichi gave me the impression of being more neutral, but it's the simplest of the three ... I'm pretty confused!

I must be missing something -- sounds like you've auditioned all three and formed strong opinions about each. You seem to be in a much better position to decide which of the three to use than anyone else.

I must be missing something -- sounds like you've auditioned all three and formed strong opinions about each. You seem to be in a much better position to decide which of the three to use than anyone else.
My question is whether there is any more specific cable for vintage gears.

I was joking, just saying that that would be the best connection. cables are cables, copper is the best conductor, silver is better, but too expensive. Just get a decent quality cable and you'll be fine.

There is no specific answer to your question.
Only you can decide what is best for you.
On my G-22000 I’m just using a generic Monster cable.
Good for you that you can hear a difference, many can’t.

+1. No need to over think this. Pick the one you like the best as long as it will fit neatly into the gap between the pre and the amp when they are bolted together.

- Pete

Back
Top Bottom