Living room system...

cashflagg

Just moved into a new apartment and it has a lot more space than I was dealing with before. So, my first act of business was to set up the living room system (which will be much more practical once I get a couch).

Marantz 2275
Hitachi PS-58
Rectilinear XI's

Zj7dnBG.jpg

Thanks everyone, the speaker stands were made by a good friend of mine using knotty alder (I believe). My plan is to find a good stain for them in the near future. Wanted to do it before I moved, but didn't find the time.

Switched out the Rectilinear XI's for a pair of Electrovoice Esquire 200's that I picked up today for $18 dollars. They were rather dirty when I showed up to grab them, but cleaned up pretty well...still some scuffs here and there that I need to spend some more time with. I wasn't even sure they would work, however I hooked them up and every driver is good to go and they sound really good. DeOxit'd the "high" control knobs on the back of each and they are working great. Kind of surprised really, considering they looked to have not been touched for years. Think I'll be sticking with these for awhile, due to their sound and they are a bit prettier to look at than the XI's. Only downside is that the Electrovoice badges have either fallen off or got ripped off at some point...but that's obviously no big deal.

8y8cPyJ.jpg

It does look nice.
Have you tried the speakers on the floor angled up a bit?
I used to put some of my speakers on stands and then I tried on the floor angled up about 1 1/2 " and now my stands collect dust underneath my workbench.

Mark

It does look nice.
Have you tried the speakers on the floor angled up a bit?
I used to put some of my speakers on stands and then I tried on the floor angled up about 1 1/2 " and now my stands collect dust underneath my workbench.

Mark

No, but I've definitely thought about it. Any recommendations on what you use to angle them? Small angled stands? Etc?

I just used a piece if hardwood I had lying around 1 1/2" wide and I cut 2 pieces 10" long.

Mark

I've tilted mine with hockey pucks on both front corners. It seems to work well with the Advents. I like the difference in the sound.

Back
Top Bottom