Loading pics???

bolly

Lunatic Member
Can anyone tell me how I can get the best quality image to add as an attachment? Thanks, Greg.

Sorry WW, I don't know what phot editing software is. Just using whatever came with the camera.

paint shop pro is a good one and easy to use. As for what came with the camera, will it allow you resize your pics? If so, take large pictures and resize them to 640x480 or smaller and it will sharpen the image.

I can resize the pics but only before I take them. How do I take a large file and then resize it?

Use 800x600 as a good size to default for uploads.

Your picture is NOT sharp - and I suspect your not holding the camera steady -or- the camera is not focusing correctly,

Try taking test pictures of large type face (newspaper headlines) from about 3 to 4 feet. Most digital cameras can focus that close and the type will tell us how well you are focusing.

My digital (Fuji MX-2700) can focus down to about 3 inches but you have to have it on a tripod. My normal setup for this camera is 1800x1200, sharp #3 and normal quality. That produces pictures of great detail that I then reduce to 800x600 for uploading as JPEGs.

I'm quite versed in using digital (and film-based) cameras so fire me some questions. Those I can't answer I'll pass along to my best buddy, a professional with several digitals and (gulp) a $16,000 digital camera as well! :rolleyes:

Paul

What software are you using to upload your pics from the camera to your PC? If you are using Windows XP even it's built in photo viewing software will allow you to resize the pic.

Mike

go to the microsoft website and search for ImageResizerPowertoySetup.im using this with windows xp pro and it works great.hope this helps,
chris

re image resizer

bolly heres a link to the image resizer program

just scroll down the page and on the right hand side theres a file called image resizer. this program will let you resize the picture after youve uploaded it to your computerimage resizer file
chris

Bolly:

That looks better. Are you resizing the images after you take them? If so, what are you using?

It takes a bit of patience and practice but once you get the drift, you'll have a lot of fun.

Paul

PS: I'm using Adobe Photoshop. It's the #1 package *but* it's not for the faint of heart. It's a bitch to master :dunno:

Thanks radioactive for that link, be a bit before I try it out, trying to get a handle on Paint. Paul, I figured it was just point and shoot, oh well gonna take a bit of practice before I get the hang of it. Pictures are turning out better though.

Back
Top Bottom