Local DC people. Can you hold some speakers for a week?

similost

Rockin and Rollin....
I have a pair of speakers for HomerJsimpson.

He will be picking them up on the 29th, this coming Saturday. I will be leaving town very early that morning, so not able to get them to him.

Would you be able to hang on to them for him to pick them up?

We can discuss how to transfer them from me to you..

hhhmmm.. silver spring would be quite a distance for me to take them... you able to travel a little south of DC?

No problem Homer.. I don't have much time to deliver them myself, so let's see what we can make happen..

I am in Kensington which is just as far from you as Silver Spring. You are welcome to use my place, but you guys will have to do all the work to and fro. Jack Jr's rules.

I can hold them, if you need -- I am in SW DC, but I will be leaving Saturday morning to visit my folks in Williamsburg.

That's the problem. I'm leaving saturday too, and that's when Homer wants to pick them up...

I really can't get the time to make a delivery very far... I've got way too much on the burner..

Here's a though -- I'm coming down to Williamsburg, but will be making a stop in Richmond. Can Homer meet me there and I can give him the speakers?

If that works for homer.. however, I hope you have a truck.. seriously.. there are a pair of Infinity RS-3B.. with the boxes, so they won't fit in most cars or vehicles. Maybe if you have a Volvo wagon you can put the seats down in, the the outer box is pretty large. Height may be a problem, or, a large SUV... I can get measurements this evening.

They just filled the bed of my Nissan Frontier.

I would help if I were around. This time of year there is too much going on. No way you can leave them out for him to pickup on your back porch?

Sim - If you can get them to my place in Reston, I'd be happy to hold them for HomerJ until he picks them up later that day.

Sim - He could pick them up at the dealership in Leesburg on Saturday if that is a help. I could hold them on the dock in the Parts Department. And get the lotmen to help him load them.
Let me know,
Jim

About all I am thinking I would be able to do is leave them out for him. I really don't have any time this week to be traveling to deliver them. All my evenings are taken up.

My problem with that is my neighbors.. I can let some of them know, but the one I don't let know will probably be the one calling the cops. There had been a couple problems in the area a little while back, and because of it, the hood has gotten really testy about seeing strangers in the area, and have been calling the cops over the slightest thing that doesn't look right...

Kinda beating my head against the wall here about how to deal with this...

Sim - what about a friend or relative popping over to your place to meet up w/ HomerJ ... and then locking up afterwards? Maybe HomerJ could call when he's close so that no one is waiting around for a long time.

That I could do... if we had any family in the area, or had any friends in the area... I can see about checking with one of my neighbors and see if he could meet homer at my place I guess, and have them in the shed.. then that way no one would think anything was up since they all know the neighbor..

BUT.. I'm not gonna hold my breath with that one... The neighbor is usually just like me, and gone most weekends.. Or, I could let one other neighbor know. I'm gonna have to figure something out here..

Sim,
Are you going to be around on Friday? I might be able to swing by with my Sierra and grab them for the sake of good AudioKarma!
Regards,
Jim

Looks like some option here. I am open to what ever works and is easiest for everyone. I will be traveling south from NY to NC. I can pick up wherever.

Sim Pm me if you are going to be around Friday Morning or maybe even o darkthirty Sat Am. I could pick them up on my way to the dealership, and HomerJSimpson could pick them up there. I will be at the Dealership from 8AM till 6PM.
Regards,
Jim

Back
Top Bottom