Locked case-$10 Goodwill-mystery objects

Jubinville

Nothing good at Goodwill or Value Village so I decided to pick
up a really nice wooded box for $10. Locked & no key. Heavy with objects
inside. Locksmith wanted $30 for a key so I decided to to pick the lock.
After no sucess I took the pins out of the hinges and found two black devices. One velco,one with a very heavy magnet. One looks like a part of a house alarm system. Can anyone tell me what they are and why they would be locked?

Attachments

• case.JPG
    case.JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 128
  • unknown.jpg
    unknown.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 178
  • UNKNOWN3.JPG
    UNKNOWN3.JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 218
  • unknown2.JPG
    unknown2.JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 200
Those were left by aliens from a distant galaxy. It's a guidance system for them to find their way back when they need more "supplies."

Murray

Contact miss Moneypenny immediately and tell her to inform "Q" that Bond's "belongings" have been discovered, and send the aston Martin DB-6 PRONTO!!!

It's a cigar humidor. One of those devices is an LED readout hygrometer, and the other some sort of humidifier probably for glycol.

It never ceases to amaze me what people know around here.

I was leaning toward alien devices and nuclear bomb parts, myself.

It's a cigar humidor. One of those devices is an LED readout hygrometer, and the other some sort of humidifier probably for glycol.

That's pretty high-tech for a humidor.
Smoke em if you got em!

all reality aside, sounds like the plot to some cheezy horror movie...man finds a strange locked box at a second-hand store, buys it, takes it home, can't open the lock, finally gets the box opened, finds to strange unidentifiable devices inside, then all of the sudden, in the coming weeks, strange things start happening...

Thanks for the help.

Half the fun of searching Goodwill for speakers is opening them up to
see what's inside. I use to hide valuables in my old speaker cabs and I stopped this
because I figure one day my wife will throw them out.

I promise, I really bought this unopened at Goodwill for $10.

I will google "Hygrometer" images and report back

Those were left by aliens from a distant galaxy. It's a guidance system for them to find their way back when they need more "supplies." Murray

Bingo! A winner! I guess our space alien pals are hooked on thrift store audio too ....:music: Just hope they don't keep snarfing up all the good stuff....

One must be a counter

I am going to put a new battery in the unit and see if it's a counter.

Name me items that can fit in this box that someone would like to know how
many times it was opened or an item was uses? Cocaine?

I am going to put a new battery in the unit and see if it's a counter.

Name me items that can fit in this box that someone would like to know how
many times it was opened or an item was uses? Cocaine?

A hygrometer is not a counter. It measures temperature and humidity - things you want to know for cigar storage.

Back
Top Bottom