Locked threads

My thoughts drifted to the "Lock Tight" and fastener stuff.

Some times with older equipment one or more screws or threaded fasteners will bind up and won't turn.

Mark T. :music:

Pfft I seem to like folks who seem to suddenly disappear. I suppose I like the firebrands.

Most of the locked threads are cleaned up as well, so the worst of it is usually gone by the time I find it. It is kinda fun sometimes to see a thread and think "that's gonna be a lock", and later see that it is indeed locked.

The only thread I started and got locked was an apology and enlightening thread. At the time it seemed everything was getting locked so I started one called "I'm Part of the Problem" in witch I apologized.

It was to acknowledge we are all part of the problem and to be part of the solution instead. Some got it and others didn't so it got closed.

I've got into a few tiffs over the years though generally I try to avoid confrontation. If someone puts my systems down though it tends to get my back up. I've a certain amount of pride in them. :)

I find controversy without looking:D
Most (if not all) locked threads have well earned it.
I completely respect that everyone has an opinion. I don't get (and never will) why some can't be happy until their opinion is the only one. We can in fact agree to disagree and its not the end of the world and doesn't effect anybody's quality of life. Just saying:rolleyes:

Well said, friend.

I agree with the OP. As soon as I see a locked thread, I go to the last page, to see what happened! Then I go back and read the thread, start to finish. All for educational purposes! :idea:

Kind of like police car chases;)

More like a burning building. You just hope everyone gets out alive.
wtf.gif

I just wish there were copies of all the locked threads in a Locked Thread forum. Could be a very educational place for AKers to peruse.

Bless the mods for cleaning up when the excrement impacts the rotational ventilator device, and keeping AK the best place on the Interwebs. :thumbsup:

So you're saying,
The what not to do forum.
I personally can do without the train wrecks, the name calling the inference of I'll will (the evil eye, the end of humanity the what rock did you crawl out from.)
I like the all audio no attitude mantra.
This really is a great place if we let it be so.
They can have a new website, maybe, "Beat me in the head with a blunt object until I agree with you " (kind of catchy :rockon:)

Back
Top Bottom