Locking Screws,whose idea was that?

opt80

Subscriber
My newest acquisition came today,a cdp with a plastic locking screw.So I unpack her,take my phillips and it won't turn,try another and the head begins to fray,not to mention the one on the screw.(Insert big grin):D I drive to the nearest Home hardware store for a pair of needlenose pliers,you have to remember as an optician no broken screw is going to get the best of me!The pliers are too big.
I am frustrated now so I get a skewer from the kitchen,you know those things you stick in a turkeys a$$ to keep the dressing in.
I jam it into the plastic of the screw and the screw breaks off.
Now I take the cdp apart,shake the stuffin out of it and out falls this contraption that has a screw like body and a flat surface.
I imagine when the screw is tightened it goes against the transport would those of you that are technical and don't use skewers concur?
There doesn't seem to be any missing pieces to the screw or to this long winded story.Thanks All

Alan

Alan lets hope that is the worst experience you have with the CDP. Jeez I can easily recall when transport screws were made from metal.:) What model of player did you buy, by the way?

Mike

Last edited:
Hey Alan - Sounds like a frustrating day off... Hope it get's better.

I tried to PM you again, but I still can't get through. Might want to dump your out box as well if you haven't yet.

Keep me posted,
Moon

Hey your an optician? Can you hook us up with any deals? I need a new pair of glasses soon ;)

Mike:The cdp is an A\D\C cd-100,I bought it off of a guy in B.C.It was 24.US.I think I like the Cdps for the different features and light display. I still wishI could figure why the Cambridge 300 messes with the cable on the TV..My solution i turn the TV off/

See ya Mike,congrats on the newest cable purchase!
A.

Moonie:Yea it was a frustrating day but only because I let it be.
Pm box should work now.

see ya Moon

Thor: yes I am an Optician,yes I make a spectacle of myself,yes i almost fell into the tinting machine and died(dyed)
I assume you are nearsighted? I 'd say If you send me your Rx and a frame I can give you a good price on lenses.

See ya Thor:cool:

O.k. big sigh of relief. The cdp sounds great.I had to clean her up quite a bit,she was dusty inside and the controls were full of fingerprints.I got out the turtle wax and polished her up.Hey wait a minute,all the white indicators are worn off,back to Home Hardware to return the stinkin' needlenose pliers and pick up some white paint and a brush.
So I paint on the indicators,polish with turtle and finally orange glow well to make it glow!
It looks good,I said to myself,myself I think Wards would be proud. And I know Thor a picture is worth......

Best

Alan

NP Bryan Ferry "Frantic"

O.K. one last question for anyone older than me who remembers locking screws,the adc also had a" b" locking device that I think had to be loosened for some inane reason.It held in place what looked like a jumper for a speaker that is bi-wirable,yeah ,like on my Mirages.
I assume it was ok to loosen it completely??
Sorry to be a pain!!

Alan

Alan CD players are notorious for RFI problems. Maybe you could find a way to plug it into a different circuit than the TV?

Mike

Sorry Mike,just saw your answer to my question.I bought a new I\C and it helped a lot.I think the living room \ dining room are wired together. I keep thinking I should get a tester and check the plugs for all rhat correct electrical stuff. Thanks

Alan

Back
Top Bottom