Login page keeps re-appearing

jimbofish

for TRULY GREAT MUSIC
Subscriber
For years I've had a Bookmarks Toolbar tab that I use to get to AK. It takes me directly to my UserCP without having to login. A few weeks ago, it started taking me to the Login page instead. The username and password are there but I have to click the Submit button to get to my Usercp now. Not a big deal but I liked it better the previous way.

For the past several days, the login page pops up at seemingly random intervals when browsing through the forums and I have to click on Submit to continue. I don't know if this is an AK thing or some new Firefox change.

Any ideas on how to correct this?

Well, for some reason it appears to be working now. :scratch2:

I didn't clear anything or change anything. :no:

:dunno::headscrat

Hopefully it will stay this way.

I've been having the exact same problem using Chrome. I'll be logged in, and then the next time I click on a link it takes me to the login page instead. My username and pwd are filled in, but no matter how many times I click it just blows me back out. I have to close the browser and restart it, and then it's fine. I never have to clear the cache, so that's not the problem.

It's a real head scratcher.

I've been logged in for about 5 years, with IE, since I got this computer. Maybe the AK software isn't optimized for Chrome?

Just a WAG.

BTW, if you do get 'kicked', be sure to check the Remember Me box, when you log back in.

I've used Chrome since it was released, and I've never had this happen until the last few months. Checking the "Remember Me" box does nothing. Still blows me back out.

Nope our software is not optimized for most of the new browsers out there. It would cost quite a bit of money to do that.

Generally if your browser is acting up it could be a couple of things.

1. clear your cookies. They do corrupt from time to time.
2. place a check mark in the remember me box.

9 times out of 10 this fixes things. If not please let us know.

Thanks
Grumpy

Back
Top Bottom