Lone Wolf and Cub, (1972-1974) Chop off a head and it will bleed like a firehose.

transmaster

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
After having plowed my way through the Zatoichi Blind Swordsmen movies it was suggested I watch the Lone Wolf and Cub movies, there are 6 of them. The Shogun's official assassin/executioner Ogami Ittō (Tomisaburō Wakayama) entire house hold is killed, framed, stripped of his position and kicked out of his clan. He becomes a Ronin and assassin for hire. The only survivor of his family is his son Daigorō. Ittō travels the country pushing a cart with his son doing "odd Jobs" for a standard 500 Ryo. He gets his revenge for the death of his wife. Holy Cow, hosing blood, lopped off arms, rolling heads, brutal rapes, half naked tattooed female swordsmen chopping up evil men. Itto is an equal opportunity slice and dice Samurai, his son Daigoro helps out when ever he can from the armed cart he rides in.

lone-wolf-and-cub-baby-cart-at-the-river-styx-ogami-itto-tomisaburo-wakayama-sayaka-kayo-matsuo.jpg

I have downloaded some of the the Lone Wolf and Cub Manga's and the movies are very faithful to it. The art work in the Manga is exquisite.

hqdefault.jpg

Last edited:
A few years ago, I caught one of those movies on a local tv station that plays obscure stuff. It was fascinating. The Japanese have an interesting viewpoint on most anything.

Back
Top Bottom