Long load times with new format

How do I barricade google ad sense? I've been playing with this the past hour and nothing I turn on or off in my browser seems to make any difference.
Now I'll wait about A MINUTE FOR THIS TO POST.
You can edit manually or use third party tools. When troubleshooting browser issues I'm a ground zero/bare bones guy and shy away from adding any more overhead when possible so I do it manually.
Here's a fairly simple guide on how to edit the hosts file. Note the "exceptions" for Win 8/10 when using Windows Defender as your primary AV or malware protection. It monitors the hosts file for changes as some malware programs try and write to it. So you may have to exclude it from being monitored.

Next level up would be to use OpenDNS to manage/restrict your DNS server settings.

Third party wise, you can try/use the Ghostery plugin as @buglegirl suggested. It's a handy novice friendly ad/script blocker tool...I use it on a couple rigs here.

I installed Ghostery and nothing improved. I've hit this problem hard the last couple of days working with Safari and Firefox, I've got 4-5 hours of time in it. The load starts, it stalls out, goes a little further and stalls again and then finishes. I think I'm done here. All other sites load really fast except AK, EVERYONE! Ghostery does show what it found but doesn't help load time. I dumped history. caches, cookies and changed addresses. I have no choice but to lay this back on the nice people at AK and move on. http://forums.stevehoffman.tv and http://www.diyaudio.com are instant loads for me as are everywhere else I go.
I'm still a big AK fan but it no longer works for me.

I installed Ghostery and nothing improved. I've hit this problem hard the last couple of days working with Safari and Firefox, I've got 4-5 hours of time in it. The load starts, it stalls out, goes a little further and stalls again and then finishes. I think I'm done here. All other sites load really fast except AK, EVERYONE! Ghostery does show what it found but doesn't help load time. I dumped history. caches, cookies and changed addresses. I have no choice but to lay this back on the nice people at AK and move on. http://forums.stevehoffman.tv and http://www.diyaudio.com are instant loads for me as are everywhere else I go.
I'm still a big AK fan but it no longer works for me.

I got one more if you're not totally spent. This will at least help identify who/where the clog is and it's built in to Firefox. From the settings menu choose Developer . Click the Network tab. Reload AK and it will display the routing and object load times. Long red bars are bad.... :confused:

ak-network.jpg

Just like magic I get up this morning and everything on AK is functioning perfectly again. Thanks to everybody for the helpful advice.

IE6? Seriously?

This version of Internet Explorer has been widely criticized for its security issues and lack of support for modern web standards, making frequent appearances in "worst tech products of all time" lists, with PC World labeling it "the least secure software on the planet."[2]

My older Samsung tablet is slower to load some of the banner ads. Chrome seems to work best on it. Even in worst case though it's not a couple minutes.

It's pretty fast loading on any of my computers, and none of them are powerhouses by today's standards.

View attachment 654531

I loaded the plugin and it seems to really help my situation in chrome. I think I'm going to call my isp and have them check my modem/connection I feel it still could be faster.

View attachment 654532

Sorry to say but two of those on that list have nothing to do with Audiokarma. You have other problems not related to this site.

By the way, I am using an 8 year old laptop and load times are just fine.

Sorry to say but two of those on that list have nothing to do with Audiokarma. You have other problems not related to this site.

Hiya Grumpy. Which two would those be? Twitter and Facebook?

This was a freshly wiped hard drive, operating system and google chrome. Where would that have come from ?

Looks like Twitter tracker is legitimate, as the site does have a tweet button now.

We do have the option of using twitter with Xenforo but I was unaware that it was active at this time.

I'm only getting the commission junction here at AK ? Not the one other forum I visit. I went in and dumped all cookies and it still comes up here.

I'm only getting the commission junction here at AK ? Not the one other forum I visit. I went in and dumped all cookies and it still comes up here.
That's because the ad resides on AK. Well, the ad code is here....it's served by CJ and their affiliates

Back
Top Bottom