Long picture/vinyl shelves

Hajidub

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I've been looking to get away from Michael's (store) LP frames for a while now, since it's a pain to swap albums in and out. I started to look online for picture shelves, long hanging rails, to display and swap out easily. Amazon and other online retailers have 21"ers for around $35, which I found ridiculous. I found 45"ers at Ikea online for $9.99 (4"s wide with notches cut out for album display). I bought 2 and paid the $10 in shipping since it'd cost me that to drive to Denver to buy and save my sanity. Will mount when I get them and get some pics up. Their called Mosslanda if anyone's interested.

You could always put the cover of an album in one of those frames, and put the actual record in another sleeve. Just grab any old cheap thrift store album with some sh'ty record, throw away the record and insert the record from the one in the display frame.
Better yet, use the sacrificed vinyl disk for some kind of arts crafty project inspired by pintrest.

Finally received them and mounted. These are not some cheesy, cheap construction shelves. I was astounded by the build quality and weight. I'm really glad they included an LP notch half way or else the albums would lean too horizontal (the ledges are 4" wide). Easy to mount, but didn't include mounting hardware (for the price cannot complain).]

20180122_140854.jpg

Looking good! What is the Ikea model name for these? A quick search for "wall shelf" on the Ikea web site doesn't turn up any black shelves for $9.99 each.

Looking good! What is the Ikea model name for these? A quick search for "wall shelf" on the Ikea web site doesn't turn up any black shelves for $9.99 each.

Post #1 gives the model name. Mosslanda

Next project with these are LED strip lighting in front of the forward lip to illuminate the albums better.

Post #1 gives the model name. Mosslanda

Next project with these are LED strip lighting in front of the forward lip to illuminate the albums better.

OK, thanks. Found it. It's not called a shelf. It's called a picture ledge. That may help someone find it in the future as Ikea tends to discontinue products and introduce something very similar under a different name (Expedit/Kallax, etc.).

Back
Top Bottom