Long time reader. First time poster

Ari

Hi

I'm new but have been lurking for some time. Just bought my first vintage receiver and i cant wait to start learning more about why things sound the way they do and how much my old lady is willing to participate!

A

I got 2 actually! A Sony STR-6120 and a Sony STR-6050. I may have a problem. Now im looking at speakers......

I really can't get over how beautiful they look. So bloody elegant

I see no problem. That seems normal. It is everyone else who thinks it is a problem that has a problem. Welcome.

Reactions: Ari
Im looking at a pair of perfect condition Infinity SR7's and a "new" in box pair of DLK 2's. I wonder what part of the lawn i'll be sleeping on if I bought both.

I'm, probably going to get them. There is also a pair of beat up 1.5's I'm bidding on that if i can get cheap I will refinish and put back Ebay/CL
Fix up & listen to those 1 1/2s before flipping them...you might be surprised. I installed quite a few pair as studio monitors back in the day. The jocks loved 'em.

Welcome to the AK Crew.

Glad to hear that you want to hear the vint gear, but avoid calling the wifey, "the old lady", or you'll not get her on board for more, hear? :)

Good luck on yer quests.

Q

Fix up & listen to those 1 1/2s before flipping them...you might be surprised. I installed quite a few pair as studio monitors back in the day. The jocks loved 'em.

What do you think of the 2's vs the 1.5's.
The 2's are basically brand new in pretty much perfect condition

^^^^
Been a lonnnng time since I heard 2s but do know 1 1/2s produce some impressive bass. Post your query in the "Speakers" forum & see if some other DLK owners can chime in with their thoughts.

We would like to thank you folks for kindly dropping in
You're all invited back again to this locality
To have a heaping helping our hospitality
(Audiokarma Hillbillies, that's what they call 'em now,
Nice folks Y'all come back now, ya hear?)

Reactions: Ari
Back
Top Bottom