Look at what I picked up

Nice one, I think I saw this unit listed on trademe, or was that another one?

My AU-X1 will be coming home to me soon in Wellington, thanks to Kev.

He's fixed it up and had it running in a soak test, but now there is a new (hopefully minor) problem with it.

Cant wait to get it and start running it!

Nice one, I think I saw this unit listed on trademe, or was that another one?

My AU-X1 will be coming home to me soon in Wellington, thanks to Kev.

He's fixed it up and had it running in a soak test, but now there is a new (hopefully minor) problem with it.

Cant wait to get it and start running it![/QUOTE

Yep , its the one listed on Trademe. It has replaced my G-4500 (now listed on Trademe )that I have had for the last 4 and a bit years. the step up is huge between the two. However I think the speakers are now holding things back, they are some Polk RT800s that I picked up at a opp shop in Upper Hutt for $80.00, they are fine .....but

:biggrin: Yet another AK member been Kevinized, hope he stays with 4 wheel racing and not offshore power boating or we could be in trouble stateside lol.
Ah ha, we can confuse him with our 117v line voltages, phew safe for now.
Enjoy your G7700 sir.
-Lee

:biggrin: Yet another AK member been Kevinized, hope he stays with 4 wheel racing and not offshore power boating or we could be in trouble stateside lol.
Ah ha, we can confuse him with our 117v line voltages, phew safe for now.
Enjoy your G7700 sir.
-Lee
Funny you should mention offshore powerboating, there is salt water in my veins, grew up in and around boats.
One of my good friends ran a offshore powerboat back in the 90's, but really I think you have have to be a bit crazy to do it, riding in a 27ft offshore Vee-Hull with two 300hp Mercury surface drive outboards, it like getting beaten up for an hour.....
Needless to say, we returned to 4 wheels, and rally cars......too old for that sort of beating these days....

Funny you should mention offshore powerboating, there is salt water in my veins, grew up in and around boats.
One of my good friends ran a offshore powerboat back in the 90's, but really I think you have have to be a bit crazy to do it, riding in a 27ft offshore Vee-Hull with two 300hp Mercury surface drive outboards, it like getting beaten up for an hour.....
Needless to say, we returned to 4 wheels, and rally cars......too old for that sort of beating these days....
My Grandfather worked on Len Southwards boat Redhead, they were good mates, in fact they both made gas producers for their cars during the WW2

Forgot to mention how nice that G7700 display looks, what speakers are you running and extra credit for that awesome record art on the wall.

Forgot to mention how nice that G7700 display looks, what speakers are you running and extra credit for that awesome record art on the wall.
My speakers are probably the weak link now, I am running a pair of Polk RT800 that I picked up for $80.00 at a op-shop.

Back
Top Bottom