Lookie what I found! A Fisher Marantz 101-R tuner...

Greg Nal

Audio Wizard Wannabe
Subscriber
Knew this was out there as the tuner Marantz got from Fisher and rebadged with a custom faceplate prior to introducing the 10b, but never saw one in the wild until recently. It now sits with my other Marantz tuners (120B, 150, 110) and rotates in regularly. Figured there might be a few out there who haven't seen one so here she is...This is the image from the ebay sale when I purchased it in early October. There are some nice threads about this here on AK.

s-l1600.jpg

i love the 60's era labeling -- "micro-ray tuning". Sounds like something out of "The Day the Earth Stood Still". :rflmao:

i love the 60's era labeling -- "micro-ray tuning". Sounds like something out of "The Day the Earth Stood Still". :rflmao:
And it looks like Gort's eye.

Isn't there a warning label on the back that reads in case of emergency say "Klaatu barada nikto", repeat step one if planet is destroyed?

I'm not certain, but I believe I read this was marketed just before the 10b was released and sold at a Consumer Electronics Show. Stranger than fiction!

Look at all the posts from the West (CA, AZ) this morning! Everyone is up early today! Had to look up the reference on Gort's eye, it's been about 40 years since I've see the movie. All I remember of old movie incantations is "Pulu see magumba" which meant "Free the prisoners" on Gilligan's Island...well that, and whatever the Knights that formerly said "Nee!" say in Monty Python's Holy Grail movie. Although there was that one time in Mad Magazine...

If Marantz had the patience to have done this longer, maybe the Marantz Company would have stayed USA made high end far, far longer.

If Marantz had the patience to have done this longer, maybe the Marantz Company would have stayed USA made high end far, far longer.

Maybe it would have done high end in the USA, but they also could have just ported the high end japanese units over the US too. I don't think they ever did.

Back
Top Bottom