1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

Lookie what I found! A Fisher Marantz 101-R tuner...

Discussion in 'Marantz Audio' started by Greg Nal, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Greg Nal

Greg Nal AK Subscriber Subscriber

Knew this was out there as the tuner Marantz got from Fisher and rebadged with a custom faceplate prior to introducing the 10b, but never saw one in the wild until recently. It now sits with my other Marantz tuners (120B, 150, 110) and rotates in regularly. Figured there might be a few out there who haven't seen one so here she is...This is the image from the ebay sale when I purchased it in early October. There are some nice threads about this here on AK.

[​IMG]

Leland47 and Mike Sweeney like this.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Mike Sweeney

Mike Sweeney AK Subscriber Subscriber

I didn't know Marantz sourced from Fisher for a tuner. Interesting fact :)

3. Steven Tate

Steven Tate AK Subscriber Subscriber

i love the 60's era labeling -- "micro-ray tuning". Sounds like something out of "The Day the Earth Stood Still". :rflmao:

4. airtime

airtime Super Member

And it looks like Gort's eye.

Isn't there a warning label on the back that reads in case of emergency say "Klaatu barada nikto", repeat step one if planet is destroyed?

5. Greg Nal

I'm not certain, but I believe I read this was marketed just before the 10b was released and sold at a Consumer Electronics Show. Stranger than fiction!

6. Greg Nal

Look at all the posts from the West (CA, AZ) this morning! Everyone is up early today! Had to look up the reference on Gort's eye, it's been about 40 years since I've see the movie. All I remember of old movie incantations is "Pulu see magumba" which meant "Free the prisoners" on Gilligan's Island...well that, and whatever the Knights that formerly said "Nee!" say in Monty Python's Holy Grail movie. Although there was that one time in Mad Magazine...

Please register to disable this ad.