Looking for a 450V to 500V adjustable power supply for tubes

It's fixed. It's NOT a 5 minutes job, it took me a little over half an hour. I decided to use 4-40 screw and use a nut at the back to tighten it instead of going out to find the right screw. The space is so tight, I ended up had to use the smallest tweezers to thread the screw into the nut. Problem is any bigger needle nose would block the view and I cannot see what I am doing.

I tighten an extra nut onto the screw first as shown so I can grab the nut with the needle nose later on to tighten it, and it save the day. There's just no way to have a screw driver to tighten the screw.

Fix heatsink1.JPG

Fix heatsink.JPG

There's just no way to have a screw driver to tighten the screw.

That's why I would have tried another approach first. Even a binder clip would hold the sink in place.

99020_1.jpg

I received the 110V/220V converter today ( Amazon is nice, they deliver on Sunday!!!) I powered up, it works.

HV supply and converter.JPG

Max was right, the cable came with the power supply works with the step up converter. I need to return the other cable I bought from Amazon.

The control is very good on the power supply, You can go to any digit on the display and adjust the number. It has a voltage on/off switch to turn off the output voltage without turning off the supply.

I have to test it under load and look at the noise. I am planning to use my junk SE tube amp as load to draw about 120mA at HV and look at the noise and burn it in. I don't have big resistor to load it full load nor do I ever need it. I'll come back when I have new info.

I don't expect the voltage is quiet, put it in another way, I am realistic. All I want is reliable voltage, my other two bench supply is noisy like anything, so I have no illusion this one will do any better.

Back
Top Bottom