Looking for a dBX DX-5 owner/user and CD player suggestions

Mark W.

Nut house of the Universe
I have been looking at a dBX DX-5 CD player at the local Goodwill (still need to actually figure out if it will work or not)

I have been able to find a little info on them on the net but very little. One of the things I have no idea about is what can I feed it CD-R or CDRW possible?

I have bought a Pioneer PDR-509 recorder and I'm looking at options for a Player to allow direct CD to CD-R recording. The dBX with it's advanced sound modifiers seams like it could make a good source CD for this.

I have also been looking at the Cambridge D500 And I have been thinking about the zillions of used Pioneers floating around. BUT which one. This time of year Budget is a big concern (I drive dump truck for a paving company and while money flows with OT in the summer in the winter paying the bills is about it)

So while I know none of what I have been talking about is top drawer or even close to it. For now I need a good player until I can upgrade later.

Thanks

I just found a DX 5 at a thrift and it plays CD-R and CD-RW formats without any problem. I have a Sony CD recorder and the dBX plays everything I've recorded on the Sony. It's really a great unit. The sound modifiers are really cool and I really like the red lighting. It really seems to be a solid, well made unit. I haven't been able to find much information on it either. I would say if the one you were looking at is still there and in good working condition, grab it.

Well, I'm sitting on my butt today Goodwill is only 8 blocks away so I guess I'll hump my reciever down there and see if the thing works. Last time I checked I think the CD the girl gave me to try was a game CD not a music CD so I'll take my own.

Wish me luck!

CRAP CRAP CRAP. I draged my Pioneer Boom box out of the shop cleaned the dirt off it. (I remebered it had RCA jacks for a player or turntable)

I found some interconnects and a CD that if I never got it back I wouldn't be in trouble with the wife. Went down to Goodwill and sure enough it was still on the shelf. I opened the try Hmmm someone else had a try at it with some weird Christmas CD. OK I hook it all up drop in my CD and it plays YEA but wait no display the LEDs are completely dead. OK the enhancement control work those LEDs work but it won't accept comands fro the main panel no fast forward no changing tracks no nothin.

OK I know why it's at Goodwill.

I did find the rest of the little Sansui amp setup that I saw the other day the tuner and cassette deck were hidding behind some other junk. OH well I don't want it and at $24.00 per unit I ain't spending that kind of money on something I don't want.

OH well back to ebay and Craigs list!!!

Back
Top Bottom