Looking for a mentor.

mpdhrd

I've been a long time lurker and started posting some threads about this and that... but after reading a lot of posts about vintage gear, high end gear, etc... i'd like to see what all the hype is about. Reading about the good stuff is one thing, but listening is the trick. Is there anyone in the SE wisconsin area that would be willing to show me what "real" equipment really is?

Hope to hear from you locals!
Matt

Where are ya Matt ? I'm here in Janesville - Dunno if I have "real" equipment, but you are more then welcome ta have a listen if you like.

John

Where are ya Matt ? I'm here in Janesville - Dunno if I have "real" equipment, but you are more then welcome ta have a listen if you like.

John

I'm up in Port Washington but willing to drive a few hours or so...

I misread the thread title, thought it said:

300px-Mentos.jpg

Welcome to AK, enjoy the forums.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcom Matt!:thmbsp: I'd offer for you to hear any of my mismash of equipment, but if you were going to do it in a few hours it would involve a flight.:D

Let's put out the welcome mat to......Welcome Matt!!!:banana: Har-de-Har!!
(Sorry, I'm out of meds)

Anyway, welcome to the forums!:thmbsp:

Mike :D

No one in SE Wisconsin?

I'd really like to see/hear some high end/vintage equipment. I did a little experiment today where I listened to my Advent Heritage speakers in stereo mode on my HT receiver (Onkyo TX-DS575X) and then listened to them through my old Technics stereo receiver (SA-GX130). Both are 70 watts per channel and the Onkyo is a 6 ohm receiver vs 8 ohms for the Technics... so I was a little surprised when the Technics clearly sounded better across the entire spectrum (volume, bass, mid, highs). And that's with knowing my Technics is surely not a good piece of equipment. I think i'm finally on my way to seeing the appeal of true stereo equipment. (I'm going to post this paragraph in the General thread and see what people think.)

Back
Top Bottom