Looking for a Sherwood S-8000 IV front panel picture

Glassweights

Compulsive about tubes
Hi everyone!

I recently acquired a working Sherwood 8000 IV but the front paint is flaking off.

Pretty common issue and I would like to make it look better by printing a plastic picture of the front panel.

If anyone has a clean Sherwood S-8000 IV and would not mind taking the knobs off and snapping a photo I would be a lucky man!

Of course if someone has a better idea on how to fix this issue I am all ears! Meanwhile I am replacing the Electrolytics and enjoying the fine tone. :)20190115_114332.jpg

Well, mine is fairly clean but, unfortunately, doesn't have the model tag in the center either. I cleaned off the glue and left it bare white, knowing that I would probably not find the tag anywhere. These are quite good receivers--good luck with yours!

Much as I like Sherwoods, I have to admit they don't seem to be the most cosmetically robust units out there. I'm fortunate that mine have good faceplates. None are S-8000's though so I'm of no help.

Well, mine is fairly clean but, unfortunately, doesn't have the model tag in the center either. I cleaned off the glue and left it bare white, knowing that I would probably not find the tag anywhere. These are quite good receivers--good luck with yours!

I do have the tag!

My friend wanted to show me how bad the glue was and popped it off. Want to try the picture restoration for that?

Hey, thanks! I've gotten used to it as it is, but may give it a shot at some point. Been running down gremlins for quite a while and think I've got it sorted out now (fingers crossed). Had to replace the neon stereo indicator bulb, believe it or not, because it was worn out, flickering, and creating noise in the phono/tape modes.

Back
Top Bottom