Looking for a sub woofer

Another excellent sub to consider is the Definitive Technology super cube series.
The general consensus with subs used primarily for music should be sealed is semi sealed, not ported. When I asked for sub recommendations, this was mentioned many times.
I'm running a super cube II with my Magnepan SMGs. It's small. It has an 8 inch driver, with two 8 inch passive radiators, one each side. It has line level in and out, variable low and high pass, phase and volume control, so very versital.
Those look quite interesting , thanks .

Great discussion there . Analysis Paralysis is creeping in !
With all the input, I spent hours reading various reviews and scanning fleabay, and CL listings. I loved all the options with the Supercube and the great reviews they received. I found mine for a great price and grabbed it. I also really liked some of the M&K, and SVS's. Be patient, you'll find the one you want. If possible, see if you can borrow a couple to test like I did.

I been using a pair of NHT W1 subwoofers for, oh, probably 10+ years. I have them paired up with Klipsch RB-75's and am quite happy with them. Each box is sealed and contains a pair of 12" woofers. They need to be paired up with the NHT X1 crossover and some sort of power amp (I use the NHT A1's). My set has performed flawlessly the entire time I've had them.

So after much reading and some listening , I ordered the SVS SB-1000 today . Updates when it arrives . Thanks for all the input from everyone .
We all like pictures, so I'll try to remember !

Well , the sb-1000 is here ! Looks like a quality piece . Listening evaluation in a few days .

SVSresize3.jpg SVSresize2.jpg SVS resize1.jpg

I think you’ll like it. :)

Skimmed the thread, so not sure what your room dimensions and listening types are, but SVS makes some excellent products. I have the SB-2000 and love it. Being sealed, it’s very precise and DEEP.

Nice choice!

Joe

It's been a few days cloistered here in ' the room'. I have to say the sb-1000 is impressive . Very detailed bass now, hearing each pluck of the bass guitar , and goes very low with no loss of that clarity .

Awesome!

I will say, break-in is definitely something with the SVS subs. Mine goes noticeably lower now that she’s broken in, so should be even more impressive after some run time. :)

Joe

Let us know if it meets your expectations. Just don't try to play any big-ass pipe organ music with it falling off at 24hz.

Looks sealed...<24 Hz shouldn't not be a problem (damage-wise) but generating it at substantial volume takes a lot of displacement...and your hearing starts to roll off very quickly in that range. 24-48 Hz is where the fun is :rockon:

Back
Top Bottom