Looking for a tube tech

iplagolf

Hello, I know when I'm in over my head. I've had small successes with repairing tube equipment but I have two pieces I want up to spec. Sherwood S-8000 IV, I installed all new tubes, I've got the phono, aux working but can't get the FM to work. I haven't rolled the tubes and biased it yet, was just trying to get it going. Second, a Sherwood S-5500 III, everything works but would like it checked. With the help of gadget73 I installed 510K ohm resistors on the phono gain to get the phono volume up, but it still isn't right. I'll box them in a reusable shipping container, pay shipping to you, pay you for your time and parts and shipping back to me. All payments will be through PayPal. We will do it one piece at a time. What I expect, a person who is a regular here with hundreds or thousands of posts, who is willing to speak to me on the phone. I live in Patoka Indiana which is 5 miles from the asshole of the universe. I can get a John Deere tractor fixed here but not these. I have Googled for techs, ham radio people anyone who knows what a tube is and came up empty. If this is inappropriate for this thread please remove it and my apologies. Patoka is 40 miles north of Evansville Indiana, if you know of an established company anywhere near and don't want to do the work yourself, please let me know. I just want to listen to music and quit working about the equipment. Thank you. Fritz Crichfield

Hi Fritz,

I know this is an old post, but I thought I would reply just in case you didn't have any luck finding someone . I know it's a it of a haul, but have you tried magnetic tape in Louisville (no affiliation) They have been around at least 60 years and do good work. I'll be sending an S-5500 I to them once they finish with my KR-9600.

Back
Top Bottom