Looking for a tuner

Well the Sansui is one bad mutha. Highly collectable and it even comes with the box. If your looking to save a buck I bet the PL is a very nice too. Not bad prices on either of them. The PL tuner is a relist cuz he had to high a price on it last time. It might go this time. The Sansui will sell before the weekends over is my guess. I had the Marantz 125 tuner and it was an ok tuner but it didnt float my boat. I think the one you were looking at is even further down the line from the 125. I am sure Shain could chime in here with some sound advice.

Grumpy

Hell life is short, that 240 amp is real eye candy and deserves a classic Marantz 'scope' tuner to go with it. See if you can't score a:

10B has a scope but is tube based and carries a real collectors mark up.

Actually that 110 you posted with the wood case is great looking and if you could get it at a resonable price could hold you over until you could score a scope model.

I personally like the 150 model the best from that lineup. Bigger scope and simple classic styling of the earlier solid state era.

Lefty

I would like to match up a nice scope Marantz with this 240 that's for sure. I will keep my eyes peeled. Thanks guys!! :beerchug:

The Marantz tuners Lefty listed are all the regular issue scope tuners, and good ones for sure.

If you were as lucky as me :D , ...you might find another Esotec ST-8. I LOVE mine !!

Just depends on what you want your budget range might be like.

The 120 can be found for $350 +-, the 150 and 2110 about $400-$500, while a 2130 can get up there. A real nice one sold about two weeks ago for $1,400. An Estoec just sold for about the exact same $$.
Usually can get a 2130 for quite a bit less than $1,400, and under $1,000

Another couple are the 2120, 115B in the $200 and less range. Actually I just sold a 2020, and was surprised how well it preformed.

If your in an area that allows you to receive AM/FM fairly easily, then could use a 2120, 115B, or others with similar specs.

Ah yes indeed I indeed forgot the 20/20B tuners. Funny cause my model 19 receiver has the 20B circuitry in it. Still like the 150 best I think but the esotec would be hard to turn down, that's for sure..

So many nice vintage tuners to choice from and I'm not one to stick to just matched components but the Marantz styling is so unique that this is one case where I would try to match the 240 amp with a 'proper' Marantz tuner... would add lots of class to an office.

;)

Lefty

Back
Top Bottom