Looking for advice: How to replace the laser in my Denon DCD-15x0 CD players

Ricktptman

High Fidelity Enthusiast
Subscriber
Lil' help, please. I have four lasers. I have two mint-ish (1520 and 1560) machines. I haven't tried it yet. But I can't (okay, won't) afford the assembly. I have to take a swing at replacing the laser. Time to put up or send them to parts heaven. TIA....

Last edited:
I've read the posts in my DCD-1520 thread and I appreciate (but don't agree lockstep) with the responses. I have newer machines and most of them don't hold up in a firefight. The only one that CLEARLY kills the 1520 (but not the 1560) is the A100. (Bought new on closeout during the crash). That's my new reference. But the familial resemblance is still fully discernable. It makes the Red book playback of my Oppo 105 (Derby-less) sound a little homely by comparison. (Blu-Ray audio PB is another whole kettle of fish.) The others I have in systems around the house are the Marantz 8004 (sounds close enough to be blood kin, which oops-look! It is!), various Sony ES's (including a 9000ES, 2 channel SACD-still, they get a longevity award), a Denon DVD player (2800 II, replacing a twelve year old to me Nak MB-2) and a CAL Labs Tercet Mk. III. (Nice, a little laid back....but it's in my bedroom so not a bad place for it....) so again, any constructive advice is welcome.....

Back
Top Bottom