Looking for aragon guru's

Leximarley

I'm looking to see how a pair of palladium stack up to a pair of 4004mkii.I'll be driving a pair of Kappa 9s I do think it'd be nice to have the option to biamp with the mkii.I could at least biwire with the palladium and in the future get a 2004mkii or a 4004mkii for the mids and highs.BTW it is first gen palladiums.I can't seem to find much info or reviews of the first gens

Do you have, or will you buy a preamp that has balanced (XLR) outputs?

You can get music out of the Palladiums by using single-ended (RCA) to balanced (XLR) adapters, but you'll give up all the advantages of balanced output, including the extra 6dB of output.

Hey thanks for bringing that up as of right now my Marantz Avr dose not have the xlr. I've been trying to find info on the right balance to unbalanced connections or the right transformer to do this. any advice is welcome and to be honest needed. this is all new to me I've played with audio for years but just in the last 6months stepped into real hifi gear and I get a little lost quite often .

You can get music out of the Palladiums by using single-ended (RCA) to balanced (XLR) adapters, but you'll give up all the advantages of balanced output, including the extra 6dB of output.
I plan to get a prepro in the next year or two that will have them

Do you need to start at the source. like sacd and run balance all the way through to the speakers ?or is there breaking points that it doesn't matter ? I have never had any balanced gear befor and need to do a lot of learning

Back
Top Bottom