looking for new headphone advice

hello9821

Hello,
I am currently in the market for a new pair of closed headphones in the $60-$80 range. I have it down to the Sennheiser HD 280 Pro or the Sony MDR-V6 or I'm open to any informed opinions.

Thanks,
Matt

Akg

Don't overlook AKG's, such as AKG K240Studio. How will you be using them? Home? MP3 Player?

I like Grado's but they're not closed. Check goodcans.com

Doug

You might also consider ath-a500's or a grado sr-60. Both are great headphones along with the akgk240 and the senn 280 pro (although the 280's are a little tight to start off with).

I'd stay away from the sony's because they are very flat sounding.

I'd also reccomend the site head-fi and headphonereviews.org and do some more research.

You might also think of making or buying a headphone amp.

Happy hunting.

I'd recommend the AKGs too, but they're a little over the $60-$80 price range hello wants to be in, 'less he gets a screamer deal on 'em. They're about $100, yeah?

i currently have a pair of akg k260 pros, but im not very impressed by their sound. do the k240s sound similar?

I would highly recommend the Sennheisers. I have a pair, and the sound is amazing. The build quality is also top-notch, better than most anything out there in that price range, IMO. My only qualm is that after about an hour and a half, they start to hurt on the ears a bit. But breaks are good. They also come with a handy screw on 1/4 inch adapter for home listening.

I highly recommend Ultrasone Proline models either the 750 closed or the 2500 open headphones. I use their Edition 9s.

Back
Top Bottom