Looking for Picture of F-2092 Board from a AU-7700

craigsc

Made a mistake of not properly documenting the polarity of the caps on this board before I started my recap. As we know Sansui PCB markings are not always correct and many of the caps on this PCB don't even seem to be marked. If someone has a recapped AU-7700 and wouldn't mind sending me a pic, I would appreciate it.

Craig

There is a picture here on AK - after refurb by the looks of it.
34xf0qc.jpg

And another - before refurb.
DSC06391.JPG

Clear enough to get most of the polarities?

Thanks Hyperion. The F-2092 board is the one on the top of the AU-7700. Were those pictures in threads or in the gallery. Problem with the F-2092 board is that the pictures I've found don't show some of the small caps that well and are from dead top center like those above. It can be difficult to see the polarity markings on some of the caps.

Ah - I am sorry - this one, I made a big 'assume' :( and guessed you were referring to the main amp board. :)

1818812-sansui-au7700-integrated-amplifier.jpg

I have not heard of any reports of incorrectly marked capacitor silk screening on this board - but that is not to say there aren't any. ;)

There might be a couple of bipolars on there - 2 of the black ones on the left perhaps?

Last edited:
I've got everything except C15, C16 and C05, C06. Anyone have a pic of these or a annotated pcb layout with their orientation.?

C15, C16 and C05, C06.
Those look like they may be the bipolar ones - certainly C05 and C06 (10µF, 16V) - so you may find there is no polarity marking on the board because they are impossible to put in the wrong way round. (providing you are using bipolar replacements, note: 'BP' = bipolar).

Sorry I can't be any more certain than that, as the schematic I have is blurry just in the wrong places for me to be sure of the 'C' numbers.

Last edited:
Hyperion,

You are right. I see the b.p. on the schematic for those two sets of caps. The parts list doesn’t list them as b.p. Although that option is on the abbreviation list. Recap will continue more carefully now!

Back
Top Bottom