Looking for somebody to design a custom-made wooden plinth for my Dual 1228?

Matt Jones

Hello everyone,

I acquired a beautiful Dual 1228 turntable around 18 months ago, and after getting it serviced and back up to speed, I'm looking for somebody who designs custom-made plinths for Dual turntables in Australia?

I've been scouring the net for a couple of days looking for somebody to fit the bill, but I really can't find anyone locally.

I'd love to give my Dual 1228 some extra spark, but all the amazing work that I've seen people do is overseas (especially in the US) and shipping costs would be outrageous to Australia.

Another option was to get the top of the plinth laser-cut onto 7mm thick bamboo ply, so I could accurately drop the turntable and platter into the laser cut design and build the rest of the plinth around it like a box with pieces of hardwood of my choosing.

That would be a good option, as I can get nice details etched into the bamboo ply such as the Dual logo and other accents. All I have to do is create the design on a vector image and upload it to their website and get a quote.

The tricky part will be actually designing the vector image, which could take a few days or a week. But, it'll be worth it.

But anyway, does anybody know of anyone in Australia that makes custom plinths for Dual turntables, or some other option I could do?

Thanks!

I'm in the US, but I have access to CAD software and would be happy to help with getting a design together if you need a hand.

Could you make one from MDF and veneer it?

If you’re in Sydney I could help you if you needed.

Back
Top Bottom