Looking for someone to repair my 500c in the New England Area.

Discussion in 'Fisher' started by Rkb1955, May 15, 2017.

1. Rkb1955

Rkb1955 New Member

About a year ago I had my Fisher 500-C entirely gone through and upgraded and replaced parts as needed. Recently I started getting a hum through the right channel. I swapped all the output tubes and still had hum. Also did the same with the two 12ax 7's in front of the transformer. I live close to Providence RI and was wondering if there is anyone within an hour or so from here to check it out. Original repairs were done by someone over 3 hours from here and would like to avoid all that driving and time. Thanks.
    Bob

2. larryderouin

larryderouin Do I get Food, Med's, or more gear this Month? Subscriber

There's a radio repair shop in Hartford area (Urban radio repair). Mike does really nice work on FISHER's. They also run a vintage audio museum in west Hartford. www.urban-antiqueradio.com/

Google "Tube radio/tv repair providence RI" You'll get a few hit's. Generally a TV Shop thats been in business has the tube circuit knowledge that a newer store that only works on post 70's gear does. Ask to see their shop and once there, ask questions about the test equipment and the Technicians.

Larry

Last edited: May 15, 2017
  3. AlTinkster92

AlTinkster92 AK Subscriber Subscriber

Larry, have you ever done business with Mike at Urban radio? Al

4. larryderouin

larryderouin Do I get Food, Med's, or more gear this Month? Subscriber

No. But I've seen his work in person. And it's pretty good.