Looking for someone to repair my 500c in the New England Area.

Discussion in 'Fisher' started by Rkb1955, May 15, 2017.

1. Rkb1955

Rkb1955 New Member

About a year ago I had my Fisher 500-C entirely gone through and upgraded and replaced parts as needed. Recently I started getting a hum through the right channel. I swapped all the output tubes and still had hum. Also did the same with the two 12ax 7's in front of the transformer. I live close to Providence RI and was wondering if there is anyone within an hour or so from here to check it out. Original repairs were done by someone over 3 hours from here and would like to avoid all that driving and time. Thanks.
    Bob

Please register to disable this ad.

2. larryderouin

larryderouin Turn it UP, POP? PLLUUEEEZZZZZEE Subscriber

There's a radio repair shop in Hartford area (Urban radio repair). Mike does really nice work on FISHER's. They also run a vintage audio museum in west Hartford. www.urban-antiqueradio.com/

Google "Tube radio/tv repair providence RI" You'll get a few hit's. Generally a TV Shop thats been in business has the tube circuit knowledge that a newer store that only works on post 70's gear does. Ask to see their shop and once there, ask questions about the test equipment and the Technicians.

Larry

Last edited: May 15, 2017
  3. AlTinkster92

AlTinkster92 AK Subscriber Subscriber

Larry, have you ever done business with Mike at Urban radio? Al

4. larryderouin

larryderouin Turn it UP, POP? PLLUUEEEZZZZZEE Subscriber

No. But I've seen his work in person. And it's pretty good.