Looking to identify my speaker model

Wizengamot

I am looking to identify my speaker model. I am pretty sure they are PSB speakers made in Canada but so far I have not been able to find my model on their website and the logo appears wrong. It is possible they are "white van PSBs"

I have included a shot of the front without the grill, the logo on the grill and the back. The label on the back says PSB Speaker Co. It does not give a model or anything.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    323.8 KB · Views: 91
  • 2.png
    2.png
    451.7 KB · Views: 89
  • 3.png
    3.png
    271.8 KB · Views: 82
Thanks a bunch.

I think I will hang on to them and maybe put a set of new woofers in them (the old woofers are in very bad shape).

Yes, for God's sake, just refoam them. Doesn't look to be anything wrong with the drivers other than the foam surrounds. Simplyspeakers.com drop about $30 max. Easy job and they'll still be PSBs.

I never imagined that PSB started with such humble beginnings. I guess you've got to start somewhere...(lol)

Those bottom drivers that look like woofers with the failed foam surrounds are probably passive radiators being driven by the back wave from the Philips woofer. That seventies stereo link is interesting as the person who posted that entry replaced the stock Philips woofers with higher quality Philips woofers with much larger magnets.

I'd say these are worth repairing for the historical nostaligia factor alone! (lol)

That speaker badge logo is from early on in PSB's production.

I bought some speakers in a thrift store for $22 primarily because of how the cabinets were constructed. I assumed the stylized logo was intended to be viewed horizontally but could not comprehend it. Took a picture on my phone and when turned 90 degrees, there it was - PSB.

In the case of those, the word "Avante" was (very) faintly ink stamped on the back. I did not know that was the model until after some Google searching.

PSB's founder had liberal use of (and later became a fixture at) the National Research Council and that benefitted his speaker development enormously.

Back
Top Bottom