Looks like crappy homebuilt - wait..... OMG!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always find it funny when people negatively compare the Heresy to speakers in the same line using the same drivers, the main difference being cabinet size. They were voiced to better articulate the human voice as a center channel for the K-horn, and why they have such an outstanding midrange. Just add a couple of subs and dig deeper than any of the heritage line will go. The midrange magic will still be intact, they just sound BIGGER.

And that's exactly what they sound like- speakers designed to articulate the human voice. Which is why they sound like PA speakers more than actual detailed musical speakers for home use.

The very second the guy mentioned (God must have wanted me to have them or whatever) they would have been going home with me.
I must correct myself, and apologize for the misunderstanding. He did not say God, that was me paraphrasing him — note the absence of quotation marks. He did say something along the lines that when he saw the speakers, given it was his anniverary and he wanted a reat gift for his bride but had no money — and the speakers just appeared like magic — that it was "destined". Even this revision is clumsy, but he didn't invoke God or even come close, he was only sharing his feelings.

If had invoked God in his argument, I'd have reacted like you — I agree with everything you say.

There are 7+ Billion souls on the planet, a huge number are staving, have terminal illnesses, killing each other over who's God is better, etc,etc. So out of all of this the particular God your loyal to decided to give you speakers?
Now I must correct you, not you specifically but you quote a widespread notion (bolded) that isn't true.

This "different" God notion is usually aimed at Muslims — "They worship their God, Allah."

Untrue. "Allah" is just God in another language. Mexicans call God "Dios" but no one thinks it's a different God. The misconception is based on ignorance of, and animus towards, Islam. Muhammad's first revelation was that there is only One God, and the God of the Jews and of the Christians is the same God he worshipped. The Koran begins by stating that truth.

If this were widely understood, instead of the "different God" falsehood, at least one barrier between peoples would fall.

It's ironic that discussion of Heresys, unlike any other speakers, leads us to religion...

Over the few years I've gone to this site, the Heresy is the one I've read the most differing opinions about. I have one Heresy speaker but I don't know what they sound like.

Well, yes. I think that's pretty much what he is saying and pretty much what most people think BECAUSE...... most of the homebuilt stuff I have come across is utter junk. Some homebuilt stuff is amazing. Like 1% maybe.

For every one of these you might get lucky enough to find:

c4a3f0cb2c1e1b23b569f88ae18181f7--diy-speakers-stereo-speakers.jpg

you have to go through 100 of these:

1145794567761b2276f7caf3dbc4fbbb.jpg
It swings both ways.

Lots of factory built junk out there too.

If the company is able and willing to produce something good, they usually do. If the DIYer is able and willing to produce something good, they usually do.

Over the few years I've gone to this site, the Heresy is the one I've read the most differing opinions about. I have one Heresy speaker but I don't know what they sound like.
They sound great, you should find a second, I see single units on eBay regularly.

@Justgotohm — A cute little anecdote... The media and politicians are now all talking about the Sunni / Shia divide, and how they've been killing each other for 1400 years. It's a huge exaggeration. They had schisms and tensions but not full on wars, as Europe did between Catholics and Protestants, and never slaughter like the Hutu and Tutsi in Ruanda. Mostly they lived in peaceful coexistence. Baghdad was a cosmopolitan center, a meeting place of many cultures for centuries. There an equal mix of Sunni and Shia, half the marriages were 'mixed', Sunni and Shia as husband and wife. These couples, and their kids, jokingly called themselves "Sushi". I found that charming, and it gives some humanity to people we all too often see only as enemies or victims...

I always find it funny when people negatively compare the Heresy to speakers in the same line using the same drivers, the main difference being cabinet size. They were voiced to better articulate the human voice as a center channel for the K-horn, and why they have such an outstanding midrange...

Outstanding as an aural flamethrower perhaps.

Despite the original notion of the Heresy as a center channel speaker the speaker and notions of its role changed over the years and by the 1970s the speaker was intended to be, and sold as a full range speaker to be used in stereo pairs and it was the Heresy that kept the company in business. PWK worshipped the idol of high efficiency at almost any cost (though not at the cost of high quality or large format drivers) and thought the trade offs of high efficiency for low bass and of high efficiency in the midrange for the resulting distortion of the constricted horn throat and fierceness caused by the narrow dispersion worthwhile. Obviously many disagree including many very experienced hornys.

It’s the misfortune of the Heresy to have all the faults of old Klipsch speakers in a single package, unlike the far superior Cornwall and Khorn which temper the faults with the virtue of full bodied sound.

My opinions on the sound, not the word of the Gods.

Last edited:
About as outstanding as a flamethrower.

Despite the original notion of the Heresy as a center channel speaker the speaker and notions of its role changed over the years and by the 1970s the speaker was intended to be, and sold as a full range speaker to be used in stereo pairs. PWK worshipped at the idol of high efficiency and thought the trade offs of high efficiency for low bass and of high efficiency in the midrange for the resulting distortion of the constricted horn throat and fierceness caused by the narrow dispersion worthwhile. Obviously many disagree including many very experienced hornys.
And obviously the success of the speaker speaks way louder than its detractors.

And obviously the success of the speaker speaks way louder than its detractors.

If you’re making the case a product’s success is indicative of its quality, well, are you sure you thought that through?

There’s no doubt the speaker sold well and has devoted fans, I was once one of them until an encounter on the road to Damascus, so to speak.

Last edited:
If you intend to argue a product’s success is indicative of its quality, well, are you sure you thought that through?
Well, it's success over six decades then, does that help? And this success is not due to over hyped advertising. Actually I don't think I've ever seen a tv commercial hocking any Klipsch product, there reputation speaks for itself.

Can you list any other speaker line that's as old as the Heritage line that's remained "virtually unchanged" with the same success? And is still in production today?

Last edited:
No, it doesn’t help.

Much of the case you’re making can be made for McDonalds.

Look here, you get to like them without having to convince me they’re good. Be cool.
Again, over hyped advertising on the tv directed at children. The only reason McDonald's is still in business is due to things like the happy meal, the quality of the food has nothing to do with it, certainly not word of mouth. When was the last time anyone mentioned to you they actually prefer McDonald hamburgers lol? Very funny analogy though lol.

Definitely not trying to convince YOU of anything, just a voice to let anyone reading this that's not familiar with the Heresy know it's a great speaker, it's not ALL about you you know.

Last edited:
Again, over hyped advertising on the tv directed at children. The only reason McDonald's is still in business is due to things like the happy meal, the quality of the food has nothing to do with it, certainly not word of mouth. When was the last time anyone mentioned to you they actually prefer McDonald hamburgers lol? Very funny analogy though lol.

I thought of making the comparison to Bose, a company even more successful than Klipsch and one that gained success while advertising the same places Klipsch did, the audio magazines. Both Klipsch and Bose ran full page ads. But I thought that was too obvious and it’s tiresome and cliched to rap Bose.

Last edited:
I thought of making the comparison to Bose, a company even more successful than Klipsch and one that gained success while advertising the same places Klipsch did, the audio magazines. Both Klipsch and Bose ran full page ads. But I thought that was too obvious and it’s tiresome and cliched to rap Bose.
And they heavily advertise on TV, again as I said so apples to oranges, again. Even still, name a Bose product that's been in production for six decades despite flogging the masses with overhyped advertising.

Last edited:
And they heavily advertise on TV, again as I said so apples to oranges, again. Not to mention, Bose doesn't have a single product that's been in production for 6 decades.

Bose was outselling Klipsch before advertising on TV.

Given your logic you might prefer the Altec-GPA 604 and Tannoy Dual Concentric to the Heresy, given the 604 has been made since the mid 1940s and the Tannoy since the late 1940s.

Last edited:
Bose was outselling Klipsch before advertising on TV.

Given your logic you might prefer the Altec-GPA 604 and Tannoy Dual Concentric to the Heresy, given the 604 has been made since the mid 1940s and the Tannoy since the late 1940s.
Thanks for making my point, other quality products that have stayed in production without the hype Bose requires to still be in business with the schlock they offer like noise canceling headphones lol.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom